be on the look out for shady man shooting little girls at woodlands waterfront

Consider this...

This person recently got separated from his daughter... either due to divorce OR a life threatening accident. He finds solace in looking at pictures / videos of little girls similar to his daughter's age playing about the playground which he would frequent with this daughter earlier.

This is just one possibility.

There could be some other explanations.

What the father did was based on paternal instincts, he was there when it happen.

At least he only deleted pics of his daughter and not format the memory card or take it away.

I'll do such similar actions too. Any adult stranger trying to chat up my daughter will get the "F*&% O#* or Die" face from me. She's 9 yrs, ripe age for paedophile, I guess.

Last edited:
Think it was someone who was called "bishan gay" ask any sch at the bishan and bukit timah region ppl surely noe. Now he disappeared frm bishan maybe appear at woodlands...Brrrr

From 1 side of the story, its hard to tell if the guy is really a pervert. If someone were to take photos of my kids, I would confront him/her and ask why he is doing that and politely ask him to delete the photos. Put yourself in the so called BTSS shoes. You were doing street photography and some joker came and grab your camera and start deleting your photos, what would you do? Well, if that happens to me, the guy would land on the floor and may never get up again. But if he were to tell me politely to delete the photos because he/she is not comfortable, 99% chance I would comply. There had been lots of discussion on our rights but when it turn the other way round, all our previous points of argument becomes irreverent.

Most of us do takes shots of kids playing at Bugis or Vivo city. I even sent photos of some of the kids to their parents when they requested. To me its just another practice session. At least 50% of us here will be labelled Pervert if we were to judge by just taking photos of girls. Motor shows is a good example.

This is just my point of view. You may agree or disagree.

From 1 side of the story, its hard to tell if the guy is really a pervert. If someone were to take photos of my kids, I would confront him/her and ask why he is doing that and politely ask him to delete the photos. Put yourself in the so called BTSS shoes. You were doing street photography and some joker came and grab your camera and start deleting your photos, what would you do? Well, if that happens to me, the guy would land on the floor and may never get up again. But if he were to tell me politely to delete the photos because he/she is not comfortable, 99% chance I would comply. There had been lots of discussion on our rights but when it turn the other way round, all our previous points of argument becomes irreverent.

Most of us do takes shots of kids playing at Bugis or Vivo city. I even sent photos of some of the kids to their parents when they requested. To me its just another practice session. At least 50% of us here will be labelled Pervert if we were to judge by just taking photos of girls. Motor shows is a good example.

:thumbsup:

It's between a Photographer's right or a Parent's right.

I'm for both but I prioritize the later as more important. So be careful when sniping those kids if u don't want to be confronted by their parents.

Shooting adults less of a problem or no problem at all for street photography.

I believe it goes a long way to ask the parents first. Expect to be rejected but be gracious about it.

Let's don't get ourself into difficult situation from our hobby. Photography is a hobby/career but Parenting is a responsibility.

Last edited:
OMG then what should we do with these people ? Dont the photogs know that putting up pics of their little kids is like opening a box of candies for bad people ?
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734343

Based on what the blogger wrote, we actually as a photo forum should discuss the photographer's responses and handling of such situations like these instead of labelling him all sorts of bad titles

Last edited:

same same for me, guess thats why i shoot kids at bugis fountain parents r ok with me so far. not because of my size lar:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hi guys, I happen to be the author of the article. It was my daughter that the man took a picture of. In my article, I didn't state what the man looked like and how he was following the little girls around the playground. If he was taking photos as a hobby, I won't have an issue. His body language and actions suggested otherwise. He waited till the girls climbed up the rope ladder, then quickly walked there to take a picture. He waited till I took my son off the kiddy ride, then snapped a picture of my daughter alone. When my husband walked up to him and asked " did you just take a picture of my daughter? May I have a look?" the man looked so guilty, he took out his mobile phone and opened the first picture which wasn't my daughter. He had to scroll through a few more pictures of other little girls before he found my daughter's picture and my husband took his phone and deleted it. The man quickly left after that. We had no reason to call the police since having pictures of little girls on your phone isn't an offence. But we did make a report to highlight the incident. I didn't state in my article that it was a foreign worker that snapped my child's picture. I have NO issues against foreign workers, it was his behaviour that made us suspicious of his intentions. I simply wrote the article to urge other parents to be cautious and alert.

ah!!! now we can confirm that man is BTSS.

but still, jill, i feel you should have called police, matt confronted the BTSS cause u guys believed he is BTSS, else why would u? also, matt deleted ur daugther's photo, why would u if u dont think he is BTSS?

Last edited:
Actually, Jill, I think it is better to call police, for you never know what a stranger might do. It is always better to be careful then to take any risk if you and your husband think that the fella is a pervert or something like that.

Because if you just take his mobilephone to delete some information, you open up an opportunity for him to sue you or report you to the authority, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to take another person's property and delete information in it. You could have asked him to delete the picture, and if he refuses, then you can call on the authority... but don't do it yourself.

Second, you would not know what he had in one of his pockets. What if he whipped out a knife?

Woah scary "several other little girls" on the phone pics.....
If using DSLR maybe not as scary as mobile phone hmmm...

That's one reason I've never shoot kids at those shopping arcade fountains. Never know how the parents might react. Moreover, most of the time the kids playing there are soaked and we all know how revealing wet clothings can be. No point inviting trouble and getting labelled a sicko. If really want to practice, get your niece or nephew!

Shooting motor showgirls is a totally different topic but at least the models are consenting adults. They know very well what they are getting into when they accepted the payment and put on the skimpy outfits.

Even if we had called the police, the guy did nothing wrong, legally. So he took a couple of photos, what's the police going to do? By the time they get there, he would have been gone. How to restrain him when he didn't commit a crime? Can you imagine me asking other people in the park to help me restrain the man just because he snapped my daughter's picture? Think they would have looked at me like I was crazy. My husband acted on impulse to protect his daughter. His main aim was to get rid of her photo from his phone. It's easy for us to say now that we should have done this and that but during that moment when it all happened so fast, it wasn't that easy.

Even if we had called the police, the guy did nothing wrong, legally. So he took a couple of photos, what's the police going to do? By the time they get there, he would have been gone. How to restrain him when he didn't commit a crime? Can you imagine me asking other people in the park to help me restrain the man just because he snapped my daughter's picture? Think they would have looked at me like I was crazy. My husband acted on impulse to protect his daughter. His main aim was to get rid of her photo from his phone. It's easy for us to say now that we should have done this and that but during that moment when it all happened so fast, it wasn't that easy.

Wat I am saying is that you could ask the man to delete the photo. And if he refused to do then you have the reason to call on the authority. I believe that if you make a scene right there, people will notice and that fella will not get away that easily. Don't do anything yourself, such as snatching away the phone and delete the pic, it will only open to opportunity for that fella to call on the authority against you.

My advice is also aimed at you, your husband and most probably your children's safety, what if that fella whipped out a knife and attack you and your husband when you snatch his mobile phone.

Even if a fight happen, think of the effect it would have on your children... watching their dad fight with a stranger, beating that fella up or being beaten up by that fella.

I know that things happen very fast at that time, and many people when put in your shoes would not think twice for the action as your hubby. However now that it is a thing of the past, maybe you should sit down and think, so that when the same thing happen again, you could act otherwise.

i think this thread serve as a reminder of how we, photo hobbyist, the should & should not beheaviour when shooting kids in the public. also, how to react appropreately when public approach u to demand explaination / delete the photos.