Be careful with CROCS especially with children when using the escalator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know about how unsafe those shoes are but to me they are the most shi**y and stupid looking pair of footwear I have seen in years. What kind of moron would wear that (especially the god awful PINK) with jeans and walk around town with em. :thumbsd:

These basically brings back to mind those early years of wearing those SCHOLL clogs by Lians and bengs of the 80s along with the murobok Jumbo ah soh hairstyle, fake shoulder pads and high waisted belts slacks with that fake LaCostes polo shirt.

i don know why ppl like that kind of funny looking shoe

dont be stupid stupid go pay $50+ for the bland crocs. u can buy a genuine copy for $3.9. One shop selling is at the DVD shop outside the old capital cinema

The problem does not lie with the shoes, but with parents who don't teach their kids that escalators are not toys, and that it is generally not a good idea to push body parts or the clothing covering them into the gap between moving metal parts.

That shoes made from elastomers don't protect their wearers from their own stupidity has been known for a very long time. I clearly remember that escalators had corresponding warning notices when I was a kid. (They also had notices that kids should not use them unattended, for that matter, and my parents wouldn't have hesitated to give me good smack if had started fooling around.)

Of course it's much easier to blame the shoes. So here's another warning: Crocs won't protect your kid if it steps on the electric rail of an MRT track, or if they push their feet under a pneumatic jack hammer.

These basically brings back to mind those early years of wearing those SCHOLL clogs by Lians and bengs of the 80s along with the murobok Jumbo ah soh hairstyle, fake shoulder pads and high waisted belts slacks with that fake LaCostes polo shirt.

What's wrong with that? I wore all of them.

I still keep them just in case one day I may have to pose as a Singapore idol for Mattlock. :bsmilie:

Seems like a silly article, along with a silly blog, that's my view anyways.

What LittleWolf says is true, frankly if a child is frisky enough you can get her hair stuck in the escalator, so does this mean that all kids should go bald?

I agree that Crocs aren't exactly the epitome of beauty; but I could get my foot stuck if I'm wearing all sorts of things, really.

Put the kids in steel-toed Catepillar boots, leave them alone or just don't pay enough attention, or bother to train them how to bahave and be safe, and they will still find ways to injure or kill themelves.

What's wrong with that? I wore all of them.

I still keep them just in case one day I may have to pose as a Singapore idol for Mattlock. :bsmilie:

hahaha....sorry lah...my personal problem lah....ignore my sillly rant hehe but Sion Sion..you crack me up when I read some of your replies heeh...

The problem does not lie with the shoes, but with parents who don't teach their kids that escalators are not toys, and that it is generally not a good idea to push body parts or the clothing covering them into the gap between moving metal parts.

That shoes made from elastomers don't protect their wearers from their own stupidity has been known for a very long time. I clearly remember that escalators had corresponding warning notices when I was a kid. (They also had notices that kids should not use them unattended, for that matter, and my parents wouldn't have hesitated to give me good smack if had started fooling around.)

Of course it's much easier to blame the shoes. So here's another warning: Crocs won't protect your kid if it steps on the electric rail of an MRT track, or if they push their feet under a pneumatic jack hammer.

I totally agree!

I don't know about how unsafe those shoes are but to me they are the most shi**y and stupid looking pair of footwear I have seen in years. What kind of moron would wear that (especially the god awful PINK) with jeans and walk around town with em. :thumbsd:

You may not like the sandal but this does not mean you can go on calling names and insulting crocs' owners as moron.

Infraction given :nono:

Put the kids in steel-toed Catepillar boots, leave them alone or just don't pay enough attention, or bother to train them how to bahave and be safe, and they will still find ways to injure or kill themelves.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yar, like take out the shoe and somehow stuff it down their throats. Hyperactive kids can do anything!

I thought that the crocs sandals is quite aesthetically challenged. I've long disallowed my son to wear them, as they really make him look silly.

We call the bright yellow ones Phua Chu Kang Slippers. :p

just curious. who here actually bought one and wore it long term?

cos i have a pair, and they are the most comfortable footwear i ever wore in my life.

but yes, i agree the appearance looks awful.:bsmilie:

just curious. who here actually bought one and wore it long term?

cos i have a pair, and they are the most comfortable footwear i ever wore in my life.

but yes, i agree the appearance looks awful.:bsmilie:
I wear them all the time. I still have all my toes intact. ;)

i woonder how e toes are injured when wearing crocs. the front part of e shoe r covered.

The toes kena injured because the crocs are soft so when the escalator pull and stretch the crocs, the toes kena suck in, something like that.

Ugly as they may be, I don't think you should blame the shoes for these incidents. It is almost always human that's the culprit.

I think we as parents should be aware of the danger these escalators pose, and it is our duty to keep our children away from the potential hazards they pose. There's always demarcation on the steps, telling you where you should step onto, and if we keep within the safety area, I don't see how these incidents can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.