Be careful when you go in the lift

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Remember not to dash in the lift when the door is open.

Apparently, over my workplace today, someone fallen from either 2nd floor or 1st floor to B1 though the lift is on 3rd floor! The lift is under servicing at that point of time and this man pressed for lift. The lift door suddenly opened and the guy just walk 'in' even though the lift isnt there!

He is seriously injured from that fall as I saw his shirt covered with blood. As he landed on the B1, the SCDF had hard time to pull him up from the lift ground out to the floor. His mom who is very old been crying non stop when such situation happen. Quite sad to see such situation.

Now, I don't think the comedy which crank joke about nothing behind the door is funny. Its painful.

Just sharing with all my fellow clubsnappers here.

Hi,

Happened at Riverwalk yar? Was there at about 3+. Took about 3 hour to rescue the guy.

Apparently, over my workplace today, someone fallen from either 2nd floor or 1st floor to B1 though the lift is on 3rd floor! The lift is under servicing at that point of time and this man pressed for lift. The lift door suddenly opened and the guy just walk 'in' even though the lift isnt there!

He is seriously injured from that fall as I saw his shirt covered with blood. As he landed on the B1, the SCDF had hard time to pull him up from the lift ground out to the floor. His mom who is very old been crying non stop when such situation happen. Quite sad to see such situation.

Now, I don't think the comedy which crank joke about nothing behind the door is funny. Its painful.

Dashing in and dashing out. Dashing to trains and dashing to buses.

Why can't we all slow down our paces for a minute? :)

and smell the roses?

carp diem! ;p

BigBelly - ya working there also? I pity that guy sia.. didnt know it took 3 hr... I was there ard 3pm plus after my lunch.

simple, sued the contractor ... !

i simply couldn't bring myself to walk into a "dark" lift.

simple, sued the contractor ... !
actually the contractor is not at fault also unless they did not put a blockage of a warning ... if the door was to be close, they would not hav mayb fresh air and other thing they need....

felt sorry for the man, but is 3hrs too long to save him out of it?

just walk with your eyes wide open
correct :thumbsup: Use your eye before you do anything,unless sleeping.

Edited: For me,when the lift open,i will check if anyone is exiting before i enter.

Scary... thought this is the stuff of urban legends but it DOES happen!

I think I will now also not stand right in front of the lift door waiting for it to open, especially when there's a crowd behind me. Sekali it opens with no lift in it and the mad crowd behind me accidentally pushes me down the empty lift well when trying to squeeze through to get into a lift that's not there... :bigeyes:

wah, if fall more than 5 storey... :faint:

Yep.
It is hard to believe that someone actually walks into a lift without looking.

Thank God it is only 1 floor apart.
Can't imagine if the office is at 10th storey.

:embrass: :eek: :embrass:

Hm...really unfortunate for him......but come think of it.....accident like this happens all the time and really surprise that no one come up with any failed safe feature for modern lift design.....I do occationally instinctively walk into a lift without much looking.....sometimes distracted by phone conversation or thinking of other thing while walking :sweat:

Very true. Two days ago in the morning on the MRT I just saw a lady deep in thought as she got up from her seat and walked to the door. I lifted my finger and pointed to left. She saw me, but still did not get my idea. Then she suddenly woke up from her 'trance' and rushed out before the train door closed. She was facing the wrong side of the train which doesn't open. :confused: Well, a few commuters did chuckle.

now i kno y there were so many horror movies w/ haunted lifts... :sweat:

Boss:- "hey! can get this done ASAP?!?"
Boss:- "you! send this to Mr. XXX.....ASAP! Urgent!"
Boss:- "Why the printer down.....get the technician to come fast! URGENT!"
Staff:- "WA! Boss suddenly want meeting now! fast!! fast!!...at room no.2....FAST!
dun be late....wait kana scolding!!"
Driver:- " WA! today so many items to send.....all URGENT! must reach by 12pm, must
deliver by 2pm.......how to finish......must work FAST!"

....etc....etc....etc.....:think: :think: :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.