Be Careful of your camera stuff at YOG events

Danntbt

Jul 28, 2004
Chestnut
dannytoh.multiply.com
It was pure carelessness on my part, but it was an amazingly quick one....
I left my RS4 Strap on the steps where I sat to mount my gears during a recent YOG Asian Qulification meet. They do not allow any camera bags to be brought in so I was organizing my stuffs to be brought in....I was called for a briefing by the person ic, and stood up, with my back turned from where I was sat....and within minutes it was gone.

Good thing my batteries and CF cards were not in the pockets on the strap as I normally had them.

So if you are covering the events do be prepared and alert.

good example of why u shld always be careful. keep ur gears safe.

a gentle reminder to all. especially the yog youth photographers.

How about other events? :bsmilie:

i think one should be careful all the time... not just at events. :)

even at a good friend's place i would be careful.. after all, if lost, it is worse if you're at his place than if anywhere else, in more ways than one.

hahaha true lar. but now since its already arrowed at yog, might as well warn those shooting.

Good morning,

Just a clarification.

Have you any idea if photography is allowed during the coming YOG ?

Thank you.

They do not allow any camera bags to be brought in so I was organizing my stuffs to be brought in....

Oh yeah, can anyone just go and take photographs there? Is there a rule or a age limit to what we can photograph there?

You can take photographs from the spectators stand ....

unless you are an official photographer appointed by the YOG Organizing Committee.

im working there as a media and photo ops assistant.

from what im being "trained" to do , and told to do

1) spectators must remain in their seats to take photos.
if deemed that they are obstructing people's view, would have to ask to sit down or move to a empty spot to shoot.

2) only OFFICIAL photographers are allowed to roam down of the spectators stand and near to the playing area , where we would have special zones set up for them to shoot.

3) i have not heard of any rule on like lenses similar to the F1 like no lens above 300mm etc.

4) yes please becareful of all your items.
if your stuff is taken by any of the volunteers and you saw it, report it.
if its taken by someone else and you saw it, go to security immed.

hope this helps

...actually at the time of the incident, hardly any members of the public ware around, mainly athletes, officials, volunteers and photographers.

Just be careful at the YOG sites, most of the volunteers and official do not know what is going on. And one events they can have multiple of organiser and volunteer. The funniest part YOG photographer do not have media pass and can shoot behind spectators stand. Any one can go and shoot without media pass.