Where do you go for good Bak Chor Mee?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
As there's a sudden interest in BCM recently, would like to gather some tips on which part of Singapore do you think you can find good Bak Chor Mee. And if possible, where's the exact location.

It all started when Goondu starts slapping people with Bak Chor Mee. :p

Personally, I like the one at SLS foodcourt. Yes, the one that you always gotta queued for it.

Lots of chilli padi, vinegar...yum yum.... ;p

Originally posted by togu
Personally, I like the one at SLS foodcourt. Yes, the one that you always gotta queued for it.

Lots of chilli padi, vinegar...yum yum.... ;p

Hi Togu, wah it seems u are crazy bout BCM! Anyway, i've went down to SLS for the BCM and hav found that their standard have dropped. Was definitely not impressed with it anymore.....:(
As expected lah, all this shop after being recommended(on TV or press) will drop standard due to better business.....;(
Anyway, u should try the one opp Bras Basah Complex, some foodcourt with a Thai statue there, think the name is 'Chai Chee BCM' or something. Go try! Wont regret!
:thumbsup:

yo togu, the one near my house is famous. I believe Simon & reddawn eat there frequently too. It's at Bedok North Ave 4, Blk 85, don't know if you've heard of it. I personally don't think it's any special, but you should see the crowd every evening, all the way to wee hours in the morning. On weekends, don't expect to even get a seat!

If you're coming, can give me a call, I stay just across the street. :)

Originally posted by wilkoh

Hi Togu, wah it seems u are crazy bout BCM! Anyway, i've went down to SLS for the BCM and hav found that their standard have dropped. Was definitely not impressed with it anymore.....:(
As expected lah, all this shop after being recommended(on TV or press) will drop standard due to better business.....;(
Anyway, u should try the one opp Bras Basah Complex, some foodcourt with a Thai statue there, think the name is 'Chai Chee BCM' or something. Go try! Wont regret!
:thumbsup:

That's true, it used to be better.... :(

But still good!!

Opposite Bras Basah, hrm, Victoria street? Anyway it's so near my working place, will try that tomorrow lunch... yum yum....

My favourite!

* togu hug Ckiang.... muahhahahah :p

Originally posted by Tweek
yo togu, the one near my house is famous. I believe Simon & reddawn eat there frequently too. It's at Bedok North Ave 4, Blk 85, don't know if you've heard of it. I personally don't think it's any special, but you should see the crowd every evening, all the way to wee hours in the morning. On weekends, don't expect to even get a seat!

If you're coming, can give me a call, I stay just across the street. :)

You stay at Street 2, block 1xx? :)

Don't really like the ones at blk 85, lots of msg.

Originally posted by Goondu

You stay at Street 2, block 1xx? :)

Don't really like the ones at blk 85, lots of msg.

quite close, I'm at Ave 4, Blk 9X. :D

ya I agree, msg-laden. It's nice to eat lor, but not fantastic. I haven't eaten for years tho I stay there. To think people come down all the way from all of Singapore just to eat it!

Originally posted by camerakit
Wait till you try the one at Short Street (very close to SLS, near albert court hotel)! Yum Yum...

Short street?? Hrm, never heard of...Darn, and you didn't tell me about it when we were there... ;(

Was that the one selling the soup Bak Chor Mee? Ate once, don't really like it. I prefer dry, chilli padi with garlic, extra vineger, the teochew style.... :p

Originally posted by togu
Was that the one selling the soup Bak Chor Mee? Ate once, don't really like it. I prefer dry, chilli padi with garlic, extra vineger, the teochew style.... :p

Oh, ok...then I wrong number liao. :embrass:

Originally posted by Tweek

quite close, I'm at Ave 4, Blk 9X. :D

ya I agree, msg-laden. It's nice to eat lor, but not fantastic. I haven't eaten for years tho I stay there. To think people come down all the way from all of Singapore just to eat it!

But the atmosphere is pretty good, i must say. open air some more. Maybe those people who goes there are more for the atmosphere. :)

Originally posted by Goondu

But the atmosphere is pretty good, i must say. open air some more. Maybe those people who goes there are more for the atmosphere. :)

Travel all the way there to wait for somg msg? These people are crazy. :p

Originally posted by RuthBaby
make my way to bedok 85

fer my carrot cake, chicken wings, last but not least... BCM :D

*burp*

oh ya... uncle... Pokka Green Tea...

:eek:

For your supper?

Er.... that's quite a lot.... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.