Bcm

Where do you go for good Bak Chor Mee?


Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#1
As there's a sudden interest in BCM recently, would like to gather some tips on which part of Singapore do you think you can find good Bak Chor Mee. And if possible, where's the exact location.

It all started when Goondu starts slapping people with Bak Chor Mee. :p
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#3
Personally, I like the one at SLS foodcourt. Yes, the one that you always gotta queued for it.

Lots of chilli padi, vinegar...yum yum.... ;p
 

wilkoh

New Member
Oct 23, 2002
58
0
0
41
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by togu
Personally, I like the one at SLS foodcourt. Yes, the one that you always gotta queued for it.

Lots of chilli padi, vinegar...yum yum.... ;p
Hi Togu, wah it seems u are crazy bout BCM! Anyway, i've went down to SLS for the BCM and hav found that their standard have dropped. Was definitely not impressed with it anymore.....:(
As expected lah, all this shop after being recommended(on TV or press) will drop standard due to better business.....;(
Anyway, u should try the one opp Bras Basah Complex, some foodcourt with a Thai statue there, think the name is 'Chai Chee BCM' or something. Go try! Wont regret!
:thumbsup:
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#8
yo togu, the one near my house is famous. I believe Simon & reddawn eat there frequently too. It's at Bedok North Ave 4, Blk 85, don't know if you've heard of it. I personally don't think it's any special, but you should see the crowd every evening, all the way to wee hours in the morning. On weekends, don't expect to even get a seat!

If you're coming, can give me a call, I stay just across the street. :)
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#9
Originally posted by wilkoh


Hi Togu, wah it seems u are crazy bout BCM! Anyway, i've went down to SLS for the BCM and hav found that their standard have dropped. Was definitely not impressed with it anymore.....:(
As expected lah, all this shop after being recommended(on TV or press) will drop standard due to better business.....;(
Anyway, u should try the one opp Bras Basah Complex, some foodcourt with a Thai statue there, think the name is 'Chai Chee BCM' or something. Go try! Wont regret!
:thumbsup:
That's true, it used to be better.... :(

But still good!!

Opposite Bras Basah, hrm, Victoria street? Anyway it's so near my working place, will try that tomorrow lunch... yum yum....

My favourite!
* togu hug Ckiang.... muahhahahah :p
 

Goondu

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,292
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by Tweek
yo togu, the one near my house is famous. I believe Simon & reddawn eat there frequently too. It's at Bedok North Ave 4, Blk 85, don't know if you've heard of it. I personally don't think it's any special, but you should see the crowd every evening, all the way to wee hours in the morning. On weekends, don't expect to even get a seat!

If you're coming, can give me a call, I stay just across the street. :)
You stay at Street 2, block 1xx? :)

Don't really like the ones at blk 85, lots of msg.
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#11
Originally posted by Goondu


You stay at Street 2, block 1xx? :)

Don't really like the ones at blk 85, lots of msg.
quite close, I'm at Ave 4, Blk 9X. :D

ya I agree, msg-laden. It's nice to eat lor, but not fantastic. I haven't eaten for years tho I stay there. To think people come down all the way from all of Singapore just to eat it!
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#12
Originally posted by camerakit
Wait till you try the one at Short Street (very close to SLS, near albert court hotel)! Yum Yum...
Short street?? Hrm, never heard of...Darn, and you didn't tell me about it when we were there... ;(

yo togu, the one near my house is famous. I believe Simon & reddawn eat there frequently too. It's at Bedok North Ave 4, Blk 85, don't know if you've heard of it. I personally don't think it's any special, but you should see the crowd every evening, all the way to wee hours in the morning. On weekends, don't expect to even get a seat!
Was that the one selling the soup Bak Chor Mee? Ate once, don't really like it. I prefer dry, chilli padi with garlic, extra vineger, the teochew style.... :p
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#13
Originally posted by togu
Was that the one selling the soup Bak Chor Mee? Ate once, don't really like it. I prefer dry, chilli padi with garlic, extra vineger, the teochew style.... :p
Oh, ok...then I wrong number liao. :embrass:
 

Goondu

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,292
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#15
Originally posted by Tweek


quite close, I'm at Ave 4, Blk 9X. :D

ya I agree, msg-laden. It's nice to eat lor, but not fantastic. I haven't eaten for years tho I stay there. To think people come down all the way from all of Singapore just to eat it!
But the atmosphere is pretty good, i must say. open air some more. Maybe those people who goes there are more for the atmosphere. :)
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#16
Originally posted by Goondu


But the atmosphere is pretty good, i must say. open air some more. Maybe those people who goes there are more for the atmosphere. :)
Travel all the way there to wait for somg msg? These people are crazy. :p
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#18
Originally posted by RuthBaby
make my way to bedok 85

fer my carrot cake, chicken wings, last but not least... BCM :D

*burp*

oh ya... uncle... Pokka Green Tea...
:eek:

For your supper?

Er.... that's quite a lot.... :thumbsup:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom