BBMTL!!!

Sorry, am a novice to cameras. Correct me if I am wrong.

Does this mean the Silver XT1 and the Black XT1 share identical physical specs? Or the Silver XT1 has a superior chip and other improved physical features?

They are basically the same camera, just different paint job. The main differences are PRICE!!, and that the Silver XT1 will comes with all the latest updates when it launch, and the black XT1 has to wait until the firmware goes online some time around December.

So if you dig the graphite silver, then wait a few more weeks. But if you just after the specs and the user experience of the XT1, might as well get it now and start shooting! The street price for the black XT1 is quite attractive now hehehe... Call up the usual shop to get a quote!

Many thanks!I am actually heading to Tokyo next month and was thinking of getting the XT1 18 to 135 set there. Advisable? I understand Fujifilm warranty is international?

They are basically the same camera, just different paint job. The main differences are PRICE!!, and that the Silver XT1 will comes with all the latest updates when it launch, and the black XT1 has to wait until the firmware goes online some time around December.

So if you dig the graphite silver, then wait a few more weeks. But if you just after the specs and the user experience of the XT1, might as well get it now and start shooting! The street price for the black XT1 is quite attractive now hehehe... Call up the usual shop to get a quote!

Many thanks!I am actually heading to Tokyo next month and was thinking of getting the XT1 18 to 135 set there. Advisable? I understand Fujifilm warranty is international?

Advisable or not I can't say :)

But I can tell u to be careful , Fujifilm provides international warranty so long as original receipts and card is presented.

That said in Japan, there are 2 types of Fujifilm sets ; one for internal sales for which it's printed clearly Warranty limited to Japan on the warranty card and one which provides International warranty so pls do check this carefully.

Many thanks for the kind advise! Noted on it being the same camera and will look out for the warranty status!