BayBeats Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

relinquishingjunk

Apr 15, 2008
Paris
I got this flyer through email and i thought i put this up and share it with everyone. Anyone interested?

noone forces you to join.
Most of those going for this kind is mostly for the experience and a few maybe for charity.

just one question, the event is over a period of 3 days. does that means that the 3 days full days must go down a shoot for them?

I don't know leh. I got this flyer through email from this baybeats thingy. So, i thought i just share this with everyone.

Who knows, anyone of us might be interested to join in just to gain experiences and have some exposures... :)

yea, same question too..

what do we get in return? not free labour you know.. :nono:

I'm not too sure about that. Probably you can call them up or email them to ask? I got this flyer through email and i thought some people might be interested. That's why i post this up.

just one question, the event is over a period of 3 days. does that means that the 3 days full days must go down a shoot for them?

"Esplanade reserves the right to all photographs taken at Baybeats 2008"

Not only are they not paying you, any photographs that you take there belong to them. You may not even be able to use them in your portfolio without Esplanade's permission.

"Esplanade reserves the right to all photographs taken at Baybeats 2008"

Not only are they not paying you, any photographs that you take there belong to them. You may not even be able to use them in your portfolio without Esplanade's permission.

Ya... Totally ridiculous rule... Do for free & photo not belong to u...
It's like daylight robbery... Unless they pay a lum sum allowance (for lunch & transport)

Err... You must qualify first, before they steal your photos.

The conditions :

We want YOU. To be our official Baybeats 2008 Photographer, we mean. If you want to show off your amazing photographic talent and have your pictures included in Baybeats 2009's photo exhibition, this is what you have to do:

1. Compress, zip up and submit no more than 5 samples from your own photographic portfolio. All samples must include caption text.
2. State your name, contact number, email address and age.
3. Email submissions to baybeats@esplanade.com by 18 July, Fri. Files should not be bigger than 3MB. Late entries will NOT be considered.
4. Wait for our response.
5. If you're selected, we'll give you special passes to Baybeats 2008 so that you can snap the shots you want!

Note: All photographers showcased on Baybeats website will be credited.
Esplanade reserves the right to all photographs taken at Baybeats 2008.

Ya... Totally ridiculous rule... Do for free & photo not belong to u...
It's like daylight robbery... Unless they pay a lum sum allowance (for lunch & transport)

yea.. this is what actually i mean.

Do for free. and cant put on ur portfoilo.
personally, the way they put it is like Free Labour.
And also need to send in "resume" ? :dunno:

Them reserving all rights means that your photos can be used in their publications, such as advertisements. Personally I don't care, since I don't sell my pictures anyway. I will be submitting my gig shots from my collection.

Good! Anyway, good luck to you! All the best!:cool:

Them reserving all rights means that your photos can be used in their publications, such as advertisements. Personally I don't care, since I don't sell my pictures anyway. I will be submitting my gig shots from my collection.

To some of us who are into gig photography, we don't care whether it's free labour or what. It's about your passion for photography. It's not about the money, not being paid and all. Well, it's all up to the individual itself, though.:)

yea.. this is what actually i mean.

Do for free. and cant put on ur portfoilo.
personally, the way they put it is like Free Labour.
And also need to send in "resume" ? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.