Bavarian Motor Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
2770104641_accbd75947_o.jpg

My dad's BMW 520i... Older than me!

I tried cropping it with a panoramic-ish crop to not reveal my dad's number plate for private reasons, and to remove distractions in the background.

I also wanted to express the simplicity of the design (2 circles, 2 square vents, 2 circles) and also showcase the smooth metallic reflections.

B&W processed to make things simpler (regarding the left and right background).

Any productive criticisms are welcomed =)

Nice car!

Nice car!

Hey, please read this.

------

Bro, I am also a little uncomfortable with the way too elongated crop. Is there a reason you'd leave the windshield out? I'm sure there are other ways to compose this short of a really long crop.

I'm not seeing the metallic reflections either...

looks like a real well maintained car.

hmm i used to love cropping pics to the weird dimensions that suit my liking. but i was thinking.. what if i wanna print that photo?

yea so... what if you wanna print out this pic? i guess showing the front lower bumper and windscreen would be nice

Bro, I am also a little uncomfortable with the way too elongated crop. Is there a reason you'd leave the windshield out? I'm sure there are other ways to compose this short of a really long crop..

Yeahh.. too many stickers and stuff doesn't make it look classic.

True, maybe pano crops don't exactly do that well for symmetrical things.

Yeahh.. too many stickers and stuff doesn't make it look classic.

True, maybe pano crops don't exactly do that well for symmetrical things.

Its not abt the pano crop... actually.
Perhaps you could have taken at such an angle, about 45-60 deg from the top front end, getting the lights and the frontal part - such that you wont get the bumper, but you wont get the windscreen either - if you get my drift... taking this frontal shot without the windscreen dont make the car look complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.