Battle of the Canon 24mm "L" Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
wad's the price for the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L? is the 28-70mm f/2.8L still avaliable? anyone noes the cost of these lenses?

At The Camera Workshop, I asked them about a new Canon 28-70L and they said that it would be around S$1800+.

At Centrepoint, there is a Nikon shop and they do sell pro lenses as well. The Canon 24-70L is going for S$2200+.

I hope this helps.

Thanks bro.. i've also send an equote to CP.. waiting for reply.. 1 more qns : is your 28 -70L a good walkaround lens? say for travelling.. its it too heavy?

If you were to ask me, the 28-70L is the second most versatile lens in my entire arsenal of lenses. The most versatile if you are using a 35mm SLR would be the 50-500 f/4-6.3 Sigma.

As for travelling, Yes I would have to say that the 28-70 is a very good walk around lens and it is very robust too. It is worth your money. Just to let you know that my 28-70L has been dropped from the height of the overhead bin of an aircraft and it is still working good; even though the barrel is a little loose.

However, if you have the dough and do not mind paying, I would say go for the 24-70. It would give you a much closer shooter distance. If I am not wrong, that distance would be around 38cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.