Battle: Los Angeles [SPOILER ALERT]

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
If one of the world's most acclaimed film critic Roger Ebert gave it such a disparaging review accompanied with half a star rating, I definitely must watch it. :bsmilie:

Roger Ebert said:
"Battle: Los Angeles" is noisy, violent, ugly and stupid. Its manufacture is a reflection of appalling cynicism on the part of its makers, who don't even try to make it more than senseless chaos. Here's a science-fiction film that's an insult to the words "science" and "fiction," and the hyphen in between them. You want to cut it up to clean under your fingernails.

Young men: If you attend this crap with friends who admire it, tactfully inform them they are idiots. Young women: If your date likes this movie, tell him you've been thinking it over, and you think you should consider spending some time apart.

Last edited:
Oh I already had an idea what kind of show it is. So I brought my entire family to watch it this morning. Senseless brutal adrenaline rush for the worth! I'd recommend GVMax large screen for fullest grand battle effects! Lol!

Someone compared it to an almost 2 hours of non stop cutscene from a first-person shooter. Just goes to proof that mindless action flick bring in the most dough for Hollywood. :bsmilie:

I think the 'new' ClubSNAP forum still have some bugs to solve…

Someone compared it to an almost 2 hours of non stop cutscene from a first-person shooter. Just goes to proof that mindless action flick bring in the most dough for Hollywood. :bsmilie:

Sounds like...

Cloverfield_theatrical_poster.jpg

I am getting sick of 'Americans military being the best in the world' and the 'US armies always winning over the aliens at the end'... looks like another type of 'Independence Day'... but anyway i will watch it becoz of the heavily computer animated FX effects... LOL

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the sequel/next franchise... BATTLE : NEW YORK! or BATTLE : LAS VEGAS... Unless SDW managed to convince them to change their minds with, BATTLE : SIN-GAR-POH!... All should work... I'm a sucker for mindless action flicks...

All I can say is, this movie better than Independence Day - at least no soap-box speeches that sends goose bumps out of ya skin... More realistic if you ask me... like Black Hawk Down cum Transformer kind of action.

I'm waiting for the sequel/next franchise... BATTLE : NEW YORK! or BATTLE : LAS VEGAS... Unless SDW managed to convince them to change their minds with, BATTLE : SIN-GAR-POH!... All should work... I'm a sucker for mindless action flicks...

All I can say is, this movie better than Independence Day - at least no soap-box speeches that sends goose bumps out of ya skin... More realistic if you ask me... like Black Hawk Down cum Transformer kind of action.

LOL... best if they can come out this: BATTLE : EARTH... sure confirmed chop chop mega-hit wan de! All countries in the world unite to fight the aliens

Even more sci-fic realistic if it is like the Battlestar Galactica!

I watched it yesterday. Don't expect much story line on this show. Just frag those Alien's arse to pieces. But I can't tolerate is the camera shooting style. It keeps shaking here and there like "Blair Witch Project" shooting style. Especially when war action scene the camera man is like following them running behind while shooting with one hand holding the camera. The whole picture was shaking vigorously until I can't see what the heck was going on. Other than that quite enjoy on the CG and fragging those Alien's. From start till end all the way action.

There was a Battlefield Earth though starring John Travolta and it was considered by many to be the worst film in history.

Your brain will literally melt watching it.

LOL...

hehehehehehehehehe.. lucky i didn't watch that.. i knew it was a flop when that film was screening in 2000.. the aliens' customs design were a poor copycat from the Star trek ones...

btw, i corrected your one grammatical mistake in bold red ;)

LOL... best if they can come out this: BATTLE : EARTH... sure confirmed chop chop mega-hit wan de! All countries in the world unite to fight the aliens

Even more sci-fic realistic if it is like the Battlestar Galactica!

I've got a better one, BATTLE : PUNGGOL...

Those once discreet rocks will rise out of the water with multiple arms coming out from holes to wreak vengeance on those who give them no peace... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I've got a better one, BATTLE : PUNGGOL...

Those once discreet rocks will rise out of the water with multiple arms coming out from holes to wreak vengeance on those who give them no peace... :bsmilie:

and then the legendary night86mare become the hero again to save his fanboys and fangals... ROFL

I just watched this.... good material for army recruitment, lol.