Battizer Vs Eneloop

Silas

Apr 12, 2010
Hey everybody,

I came across the Battizer charger/batteries and wonder how it stands up against Eneloop. Anybody tried both and can share your experience?

Read up carefully about recharging Alkaline batteries and the possible risks and implications. Your choice. But apart from that, the difference between Alkaline and real rechargeable batteries is clear. Discussed many times. Ok as backup and for really occasional use. Not meant for occasions where you need power and performance.

$2.80 for a pack of 4AA energizer. Use Battizer charge for 10 times.
Repeat for 10 cycle, you get 100 charges, 10 set of 4AA at $28. , with risks .

New Eneloop with 1500 cycles rated, at probably Less than $20 for 4 AA,

You do the maths.

I see the Battizer as a expensive paper weight....

Ok, now i'm slightly confused.

From what i read on the Battizer, it needs to use Battizer batteries right? Or does it work with normal akaline batteries?

I'm actually intending to get a couple sets of eneloop until i received an email promoting the battizer. So now i'm trying to find out about the battizer batts and charger.

From what you guys mentioned, i gather that the battizer can charge normal akaline battries such as Energizer and the like...however it may not be as safe as eneloop and not as economical due to the low number of cycles each set of akaline batts can be charged.

So if this is correct, i should be getting my eneloops. Thanks!

Not too sure if it's able to charge the Energizer alkalines, but I would not put my parents' flat or my family members at risk for this. I do not see any advantage of this over the Eneloop, imedion or GP reckyo.

Not too sure if it's able to charge the Energizer alkalines, but I would not put my parents' flat or my family members at risk for this. I do not see any advantage of this over the Eneloop, imedion or GP reckyo.

From what I read, it can charge all alkaline batteries and not just Battizer's alkalines. It is said that super alkaline batts are better. You should not try and charge lithium batts. The charger can also charge Eneloops, Imedion's or GP Recyko's.

What I am interested is that after charging, the batts would not be hot, unlike the current rechargeable batteries... and it is the heat that normally degrades the battery lifespan from what i've read.

From what I read, it can charge all alkaline batteries and not just Battizer's alkalines. It is said that super alkaline batts are better. You should not try and charge lithium batts. The charger can also charge Eneloops, Imedion's or GP Recyko's.

What I am interested is that after charging, the batts would not be hot, unlike the current rechargeable batteries... and it is the heat that normally degrades the battery lifespan from what i've read.
quite a few good chargers don't heat up batteries also. i know my maha powerex charger doesnt

$2.80 for a pack of 4AA energizer. Use Battizer charge for 10 times.
Repeat for 10 cycle, you get 100 charges, 10 set of 4AA at $28. , with risks .

New Eneloop with 1500 cycles rated, at probably Less than $20 for 4 AA,

You do the maths.

I see the Battizer as a expensive paper weight....

:thumbsup:Can't argue with Stonefish's reasoning.:thumbsup:

My maha does not heat up my eneloops , reckyo or energizer rechargables , unless on fast charge at 1000mah/hr.

How many of us had encountered leaking alkalines ? Not too sure how will the batteries react under repeated charging, when it is not engineered for that purpose.

Its like repeated usage of the PET bottles, eg, 500ml Pokka Green Tea bottle as water bottle, when it was not meant to be used repeatedly as previously reported, the plastic bottle may release some chemicals .

Why take the risk when eneloops are cheap at less than $20 per 4 AA and there ain't any cost savings at all. Its like on losing end, both ends.

Last edited: