battery woes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

estraqed

Aug 25, 2008
hi all, read the previous thread on battery life.

the thing is, the ONE time i did leave my lithium-ion battery charging overnight, my battery life dropped by at least half. my battery seems to run out after just 20 - 30 shots which is ridiculous!

cam is a fujifilm finepix z10 which i just bought at the last IT fair, and am wondering what i should do! the warranty doesn't cover accessories, so the only viable option i see right now is to buy a new one, however, i dunno where is the best place to get one.

went to enquire at harvey norman over the weekend, but the salesmen recommended me this counterfeit one at $38 which he claims is as good as the original fujifilm one. is that true?

any advice on the price gauge and where i could possibly get my hands on one will be very much appreciated! thanks loads! :)

i don't have the same camera model as yours so I'm not able to comment on the battery consumption of that device...

You may want to bring the camera and battery back to the service centre to have it assessed. Bang some tables and chairs and you'll probably get somewhere...

As for the "Counterfeit" battery, er, it's more like "compatible, brandless batteries". Most of us would buy and use such batteries 'cos original cost an arm and a leg! I think for that price it is OK.

You can also try to turn off some battery-sapping features like the LCD display when you don't need it...but I think it's more like your battery is faulty.

quite impossible that when ur battery is left to charge overnite, its dropped by half... i think there is a problem with that battery in the first place.

went to enquire at harvey norman over the weekend, but the salesmen recommended me this counterfeit one at $38 which he claims is as good as the original fujifilm one. is that true?

Buy a 3rd party battery, they work just as good.

thanks loads! :D

the thing is, the ONE time i did leave my lithium-ion battery charging overnight, my battery life dropped by at least half. my battery seems to run out after just 20 - 30 shots which is ridiculous!

cam is a fujifilm finepix z10 which i just bought at the last IT fair, and am wondering what i should do! the warranty doesn't cover accessories, so the only viable option i see right now is to buy a new one, however, i dunno where is the best place to get one.

the cam is relatively new based on your account, 20-30 shots is ridiculous. i have friends who use the z10 and they don't seem to be facing such problems.

try switching the camera on after a while after the 20-30 shots.. and make sure the battery is entirely drained then charge it up again. it shouldn't be the case.

Another case of typical HN salesmen.

Third party batteries are generally use at your own risk. If one fries your camera, you're on your own. Warranty will not cover such damages, because the fault was not with a Fuji product, but a third party one.

My guess is the salesperson was told to get rid of the battery so he told you they are just as good. In most cases, it is unlikely that a third party battery is just as good. Perhaps on the first few charge cycles, but definitely not in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.