Battery Warranty ?

SimpleKai

Jan 6, 2010
Earth
Does battery has warranty?

I bought my 500D last yr dec and now my original battery cannot be charged??? :dunno:

as i am charging the original battery, as usual the red led will light up, but after 5min or so of charging the light went off no green lights at all.

What happen ?

I charge my spare battery and it works well!

Am i able to change my original battery ? with my vaild warranty ?

Can anyone help ?:confused:

Thanks a million

You can bring the battery down to CSC, they will change a new battery for you.. i encountered the same problem as yours previously and they exchanged a new one for me.. but i think you'll need to have a valid warranty for your camera.. and also, do take note that they might take in both the charger and battery for checking, cos that was what they did when i went there previously.. hope it'll help..

Normally, battery carries a 3-month warranty but Canon CSC is usually quite flexible. Like SimpleKai said, bring the battery with the charger down to CSC with your warranty card and receipt. You should not have problem getting a replacement.

oooooooooooooooo okie i see

Thanks thanks but how long does it takes for them to check ?

i waited for 5 working days.. i suppose it does not include weekends, PH and eve of PH cause i waited for about 8 days as i sent in before the new year..

WOW 8days w/o my cam i sure will die one LOL