Battery problem with 5Dmk1 with grip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planner

Jan 26, 2005
East
Good Day,

I would like to ask all the 5Dmk1 with Grip user.

Do you faced battery indicator problem with your set?
The battery indicator will show only 1 bar despite full charged for both batteries in your grip?

ANyone has this problem with 3rd party battery?

I tried mine.

Put in 1 original - battery show 1 bar.
Put in 1 3rd party - battery indicator show one bar and blink after a while.
Put in 1 orginal + 1 3rd party - Full bar a short while but changes to 1 bar. Can shoot whole day but occasionally just died on me... just open close the cover, change battery around and will be fine.

Anyone has this problem?
How to solve this? I also tried to clean the battery connector points..but problem still exists.
Please advise.
Thank you.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Initially i had this same problem with my 5D after getting it the first day new. After some time no more such problems.

Planner

Jan 26, 2005
East
Galdor : If i remove the grip, and put in just the single battery...it shows full bar...for both 3rd party and orginal battery. Therefore my guess is something to do with the grip. I also faced the same problem with my previous 350D.

Snoweagle: How do you solved it? Can enlightened me?

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Galdor : If i remove the grip, and put in just the single battery...it shows full bar...for both 3rd party and orginal battery. Therefore my guess is something to do with the grip. I also faced the same problem with my previous 350D.

I didn't solve it. After a while it just went away.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com

It could be the contacts in the battery grip. Try cleaning them to see if it helps.

ricleo

Mar 13, 2004
Eastern Singapore
i think there was a known contacts problem with the 5D, i used to face that as well, but it goes away and comes back once in a while, not a big problem for me as i always keep only 1 battery in the grip and replace it if it goes empty.

Planner

Jan 26, 2005
East
Galdor : Yup i tried cleaning the grip contact points and the batteries contact point. But still.....haiz..

Ricleo : Oh, this is a known problem? ok i just hope mine go away as well.... Actually mine just had this problem recently ... and it became worst when the whole camera went dead on me while i was shooting. I have to remove the grip, swop the batteries...to let it live again... .but then it went dead again after some time.. argghh....

Just hope this is a temporary problem and hope i am this problem will go away soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom