Battery Problem, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulmicort

Mar 1, 2008
Hi everyone! I just bought a D80 and it came with a 3rd party battery called Digital Power. Written on the lable is SDV EN-EL3e(2) 7.4V 2800mAh. I bought the D80 kit for S$1670 with a nikon tripod and bag and a vitacon filter at De-luxe Cameras Peninsula. Did i get scamed or something? And what about the battery? will it damage my camera and should i return and change it to the original Nikon one? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Ah... I think you did..

A few days back i went to AP, the guy was trying to scam a tourist who was buying a D40X... The guy said, "this one basic model, no charger, you have to buy yourself".. Luckily the tourist was smart enough to run.

YES!!! Go back to the shop to complain!!!

edit: Wait a min. Did u buy an extra battery or did they replace ur original with the compatible one. If u bought an extra battery, i think u have no case. (I personally find the third party batteries to be more lasting)

Well, i did not buy any extra battery, the 3rd party battery just came with my purchase and im really afraid that it may damage my camera. May i also ask what is the mAh and Voltage rating of the original battery. Thanks.

Well, i did not buy any extra battery, the 3rd party battery just came with my purchase and im really afraid that it may damage my camera. May i also ask what is the mAh and Voltage rating of the original battery. Thanks.

If you do a search on this forum and on Google, you'll realize that you've been royally scammed. Also, I hope you didn't pay more than SGD 20 for the horrible vitacon "filter", which is the usual "add-on must have lens" they scam-sell to you.

You should have just gone next door to Funan and gone to John 3:16, they're trustworthy.

Yeah i paid exactly 20 bucks for the vitacon filter and he wanted to charge me 38 bucks for it at first. Anyway, does vitacon have a website or something? can't seem to find it online.

Yeah i paid exactly 20 bucks for the vitacon filter and he wanted to charge me 38 bucks for it at first. Anyway, does vitacon have a website or something? can't seem to find it online.

it's not worth enough to even have it's own website.

bring back all your stuff, and make sure they give you all the items that the D80 lists in it's manual as "included in the box" including the original battery. DO NOT let them scam you into paying more. If they try that, tell them they sold you the wrong items in the first place and that it's fraud.

Omg! Vitacon is that lousy!? Just not my luck. I'll go down to have the battery changed, the others are all intact and original.
Thanks for all the replies i appreciate it.

They're the normal "filler" item used to prop up the price tag.

Why oh WHY didn't you do your research BEFORE you went to buy your gear??

How do I put it in simple terms: De-Luxe Camera (and Worldwide Camera) at Peninsula Plaza are BIG TIME SCAMMERS. They're are about as ****ed up as camera shops can get.

PUI!!!

what nonsense kit or no kit there will be charger, these shop owners are *&(%edup.

hate their attitude

BY the way

Worldwide Camera BIGGEST CHEATER at entrace of Pen Plaze, i hope i can burn down that shop and the owner.

I went there to get a filter for my friend, asked how much a d70s kit lens filter, they quoted me $80 dollars for a stupid no brand filter, when really leaving the shop, it went down to 20 gradually.

Another time, i asked for a 50mm f1.4 nikon. $495. LOL what a joke.

what nonsense kit or no kit there will be charger, these shop owners are *&(%edup.

hate their attitude

BY the way

Worldwide Camera BIGGEST CHEATER at entrace of Pen Plaze, i hope i can burn down that shop and the owner.

I went there to get a filter for my friend, asked how much a d70s kit lens filter, they quoted me $80 dollars for a stupid no brand filter, when really leaving the shop, it went down to 20 gradually.

as much as i disagree with what these shops do, i also disagree with your threats

infraction given

oh dear, not another round. If i may suggest, forget it and move on unless the TS has the nerve to ask them to swap back. They can get nasty as its your word against theirs even if you complained to Nikon.

Maybe you can make a trip to Nikon instead if they did anything funny to the camera. You wouldn't know what else is non authentic.

As for knpan, i do agree that shop at the entrance of peninsular (just above escalator to BK) is bad. On a desperate Sunday, I went to them to get B&W film. They charged me $17 for a roll of 35mm Tri-X. I paid and move on as I had no time to waste. There was no point arguing even when i told them he over priced his item. He said his cost was very high on such low demand items. Ya right.

hate their attitude

BY the way

wow that sucks. even a normal hoya filter already $13 nia, $20 for a nobrand filter is also ex man..

bro,

1. the battery you got was compatible, usable & will not damage your camera.
it is an EN-EL3E battery configuration. yes it can be used. just like exhaust brands for cars, there's HKS, FUJITSUBO, SEBRING....& the list go on....but why do car owners wanna use these brands instead of original exhaust that came with the car? it still will work, so there is no element of danger here. I have frens using oem batt, same model as the en-el3e, on their D80 for more than 1 yr, no worries, no ****-up. so there you go i hope your mind is at rest on this issue.

2. yes i agree the camera body will have to come with original battery in most cases. however, you need to clarify with the dealer before purchasing. the deal at that price, what are you entitled to? ..........remember when purchasing from retailers like these, they manage how each camera set should be sold, bundled with what items. it's their prerogative. so when you agree to part with that sum, it's seen as you agreed to purchase according to their terms. therefore, terms & conditions of sale MUST BE CLEARLY AGREED UPON by both buyer & seller, as the investment is more than $1000.00, not $100.

3. competition is tough in the market for all kinds of retailers not particularly camera retailers.
the camera body, charger & battery issue is really up to dealers to package. hence, the obvious price differs from one retailer to another for the same sort of camera...because its really a cut throat competition.

MORAL OF THE STORY, BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU'RE PAYING FOR :)
its a matter of how much research you do first, understand what you're paying for & be contented with your decision .

otherwise, these dealers can also point back the finger at you by saying you misinterpreted their sales pitch & cry wolf.

no offence bro, just be extra cautious in your future purchases, coz you're gonna be spending on more accessories like lens, filters, bags, tripods, batteries, all that extras:)

above all, congratulations on your new D80, hope you enjoy your new machine:)

cheers!
:cool:

wow that sucks. even a normal hoya filter already $13 nia, $20 for a nobrand filter is also ex man..

$20 can almost get me a 52mm Hoya Pro1D MC Protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.