Battery packs for flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redman2

May 20, 2003
East
redman2.multiply.com
Hi everyone, any idea whether Sigma EF-500 Super flash can be used with external battery packs? If can, any recommendations? How about Metz 40MZ3i and Canon 550EX... can they be used with external battery packs too? Thanks!

Best in the business is reportedly Quantum's Turbo series...but if you're looking for a compact and light solution...each brand name should have a dedicated power pack to help reduce the flash recycle time.

but read on Sigma website and no mention of external batt packs. cos i'm using sigma, so now trying to find out whether sigma can use with external batt packs... if cannot, may consider changing to other flash units...

thks!!! ;)

Originally posted by redman2
but read on Sigma website and no mention of external batt packs. cos i'm using sigma, so now trying to find out whether sigma can use with external batt packs... if cannot, may consider changing to other flash units...

thks!!! ;)

You just need to have the correct Quantum cable that will fit the battery compartment of the flash to use it with the Underdog.

Originally posted by redman2
oic... CP is distributor for underdog but quantum available in singapore?

Fotoguide used to have them but not sure where to get Quantum now. By the way if you want to get the Underdogs, better to get direct from Jon Falk. The set that was at CP has been there for ages & is probably dead. Cheaper direct too.

Originally posted by cyrilng
Fotoguide used to have them but not sure where to get Quantum now. By the way if you want to get the Underdogs, better to get direct from Jon Falk. The set that was at CP has been there for ages & is probably dead. Cheaper direct too.

o really ah? even after paying the shipment also cheaper ah? will ask around for the quantum... anyone out there knows else where to get quantum?

thanks! tt's really helpful... so i dun need to go around looking for it. will go straight there. :thumbsup:

MS color dun seem to know tt quantum can work with sigma flash units. they say cannot leh... but quantum website say can... so any where else to get? CP have?

Originally posted by cyrilng
You just need to have the correct Quantum cable that will fit the battery compartment of the flash to use it with the Underdog.

You can always try first if they allow you.

the truth is you actually dont really need battery packs

my sigma 500 ef dg takes longer to recharge compared to the 550ex, so if you want fast recharge times, maybe you should upgrade to 550ex

Redman2,

Your Sigma EF500 is compatible to Quantum Battery 1+ with 'MVI' connector.

Try calling 'Yip Chieng Trading Services' and look for Mr Chan. He would be able to advise you as he is the local agent for Quantum.

I have used the Quantum Battery 1+ for years and had just recently changed the rechargeable battery module. Used it for company functions, weddings, etc with good recharge times.

Originally posted by swiftlancer
Redman2,

Try calling 'Yip Chieng Trading Services' and look for Mr Chan. He would be able to advise you as he is the local agent for Quantum.

I have used the Quantum Battery 1+ for years and had just recently changed the rechargeable battery module. Used it for company functions, weddings, etc with good recharge times.

thks!!! think tt'll be of great help. most people out there give me the blur n dum face when ask about batt packs for sigma, including MScolor n CP. TCW n 316 gave practical advise... but still feel helpless after tt. was about to order online liao... but here came ur advise. thks!!!

Originally posted by swiftlancer
Redman2,

Great info. Thanks :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.