Battery pack.....get it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klumpsier

Mar 1, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi all
i'm currently using a Nikon F80 and thinking of getting the MB-16 battery pack. also i'm thinking of getting a F100......so should i get the MB-16 or not? thanks fer ur help!!!

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
get both

they will make u shoot with better ergonomics

T

Trevor_Tan

depends on who much u need the MB16? Cos to me it is really just a battery pack for u to use AA cells. Personnal the 4AA don't seem to last as long as 2 CR123.
There is no vertical shutter release on MB16 so unless u got big hands and need bigger camera body for better grip or need to increase the weight of the camera to make it more stable, else really no good reasons I can think of.
Just my 2 cents.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
Originally posted by Trevor_Tan
depends on who much u need the MB16? Cos to me it is really just a battery pack for u to use AA cells. Personnal the 4AA don't seem to last as long as 2 CR123.
There is no vertical shutter release on MB16 so unless u got big hands and need bigger camera body for better grip or need to increase the weight of the camera to make it more stable, else really no good reasons I can think of.
Just my 2 cents.
that is true......mainly i use the battery pack to balance out the weight of the whole system when i hook my camera with Metz 45 CL-4 flash....very stable when shooting slow speed at 1/15 hand-held.
any idea how much is a new F100 cost now? heard the price dropped...tot of getting one more.;)

ericp

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The MB16's only about $100, right ? If so, worth getting.

I have an F80, and was happy with the "feel" of the camera ... until I got myself an S2Pro ... and the extra portion really makes a big difference. It just feels much better in the hands, and balance is, IMHO, improved.

Now when I pick up my F80 it feels positively anaemic ... I think I'll have to get an MB16 as well !

If you're thinking of upgrading to an F100, think of the MB15 as well ...

jasonpgc

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
The Battery Pack is good if you travel overseas. When you run out of CR 123 in some remote places, you still stand a chance to purchase the AA Size battery as replacement. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom