battery pack for E-500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee_wei

Feb 19, 2006
What is the model number for battery pack that can be used on E500? I would need to get one.. anybody selling this?? :bsmilie:

CR123A Batts are really expensive. Ul be better off buying another rechareable BLM-1 batt

ernie_ng81 said:
CR123A Batts are really expensive. Ul be better off buying another rechareable BLM-1 batt

okok... how much does the batteries cost??

I cant remember offhand but should be about 38 to 50+bucks i think. Definitely not talking original, that is. You can try getting from Alan Photo in Funan Centre

This definitely beats getting the disposable ones. Iv got them from my E-500 package and dun really use it.

Btw, the unoriginal batts are really good and can definitely last a couple hundred shots least.

wee_wei said:
okok... that's a reasonable price... can use on e500 rite?? saw on the site for e300.
how much does the charger cost??:D

Charger? use the given charger lah. Same thing...

wee_wei said:
typically, how many shots can the batt take? assuming 1/2 of the shots taken with built in flash and 1/2 without flash.

:D

and also, i saw something like casing for CR123 batteries.. how much does it cost?

Sorry, I can't help commenting, wee_wei, send really big thanks to all those people answering questions that easily can be answered by reading manuals, Olympus information pages or by simply googling. These people are doing what you supposed to do, reading manuals and documentations. Apparently you know how to use the Internet and have access to a computer. Probably even your nearest photoshop can answer your questions. The same about the prices. I don't know if you already have a camera or not, if not than think before you buy one. Can you really leave your computer? Or are you going to ask other people to take your pictures also?

Sorry, nothing personal but I can't help it. I am quite irritated by people who do not bother even to find out the easyest found information in a world where information is basically free to everyone. Always amazed by the large groups of people that are ready to do the lazy peoples, some times boring work of reading manuals. Don't forget, even if there are many nice people answering questions, you will never actually learn anything if you don't read stuff. There are no short cuts to knowledge in life.

OlyFlyer said:
Sorry, I can't help commenting, wee_wei, send really big thanks to all those people answering questions that easily can be answered by reading manuals, Olympus information pages or by simply googling. These people are doing what you supposed to do, reading manuals and documentations. Apparently you know how to use the Internet and have access to a computer. Probably even your nearest photoshop can answer your questions. The same about the prices. I don't know if you already have a camera or not, if not than think before you buy one. Can you really leave your computer? Or are you going to ask other people to take your pictures also?

Sorry, nothing personal but I can't help it. I am quite irritated by people who do not bother even to find out the easyest found information in a world where information is basically free to everyone. Always amazed by the large groups of people that are ready to do the lazy peoples, some times boring work of reading manuals. Don't forget, even if there are many nice people answering questions, you will never actually learn anything if you don't read stuff. There are no short cuts to knowledge in life.

Hey, pls don't be so unfriendly..:nono: Can't you see that the olympus thread is dying?? So few questions asked...

Just wanna add some live to it by asking qns.. And also, I can tell you(Olyflyer) that I have not got my Cam and is asking so that I can go and buy the batt str after I get my Cam, which is latest by end of next week. AND, MY MANUAL IS NOT HERE YET!:angry:

To leave my comp or not is really non of ur concern... I am going to States in 2 week's time and is busy preparing for my trip... thus I have to sit in front of it!

And by asking the questions, newbies like me can easily search the fourm if they have similar qns... I believe that this fourm should be a one stop knowledge base for olympus user.. Yes, I can search the net for it, but what's the point of if I have a friendly group of people who can ans me and advise me on wher to get a set in SG with the most reasonable price. Can you do that in the net?? If so, what's the use of forums?

Anyway, is this a way to welcome new Olympus users? If it is, I will be very sad..

wrx_sti_22b said:
Charger? use the given charger lah. Same thing...

cause i thought initially that the battery is charged directly with the batt in the cam...
ok... thanks

wee_wei said:
Hey, pls don't be so unfriendly..:nono: Can't you see that the olympus thread is dying?? So few questions asked...

Sorry, I was not meant to be rude, in that case I would have used other words. Anyway, I am not convinced that asking basic questions will keep the forum alive. Quite the opposite, it will force the experts and people who read available documentation to leave to more serious forums. I don't think this forum is dying, remember, this is not a chat site, so just because nothing new has been written in a few hours it does not mean it is dying. Quite the opposite, I think it is a good forum with a mix of information for both more advanced and begginers. That is good.

If you are leaving your computer or not, as you say, is none of my business, but apparently you are planning to leave in 2 weeks time anyway, which is good. But, don't leave just yet, I would recomend you to visit

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/manual/

and start some reading. I got my E-500 just a week ago, but I started to read three weeks before that. Not yet having the camera is not a good excuse for not reading in this age of information overflow. The manual included with the camera was not much to read, so the Advanced Manual is the best start. You can be born rich, you can force people to work for you, but, poor or rich, you can only aquire knowledge by reading and hard labour.

Anyway, welcome to the Oly Club and have a nice time in US! :cheers:

wee_wei, I just have to correct myself a bit. A few hours ago I received a printed version of the manual from Oly, which supposed to be in the box of my E-500 at delivery. By a mistake Oly did not include it at delivery, only a shorter version. It is the complete, Advanced Manual, so I guess printing it was a waste of time and paper. Well, reading in advance payed for that mistake, I was quite familiar with the camera by the time I received it. If not before, you will have enough time to read it on your way to NY.

OlyFlyer said:
wee_wei, I just have to correct myself a bit. A few hours ago I received a printed version of the manual from Oly, which supposed to be in the box of my E-500 at delivery. By a mistake Oly did not include it at delivery, only a shorter version. It is the complete, Advanced Manual, so I guess printing it was a waste of time and paper. Well, reading in advance payed for that mistake, I was quite familiar with the camera by the time I received it. If not before, you will have enough time to read it on your way to NY.

ok, thanks anyway, I got my Cam last night!
But I guessed I have only the Basic Manual as well... I think I will have to print the manual also.... 216 pages :bigeyes:

Will take sometime to print even if I am using a laser...

Enjoy your E-500, it is a great camera.

tao said:
Enjoy your E-500, it is a great camera.

yup... i liked the feel of it... just charged my batt.. going to take some shots tonite when i am home... :bsmilie:

wee_wei said:
yup... i liked the feel of it... just charged my batt.. going to take some shots tonite when i am home... :bsmilie:

you will do well to read these 2 articles, in this respective order:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e500-sett.html
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e500-using.html

they complement the manual very well and explain most of the technicalities, allowing you to get the most out of this awesome camera. :D

tao said:
you will do well to read these 2 articles, in this respective order:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e500-sett.html
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e500-using.html

they complement the manual very well and explain most of the technicalities, allowing you to get the most out of this awesome camera. :D

great! thanks for ur info.. i am going thru now...

one more question, do i need to buy any filter for my e500? will normally take in bright day light...:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.