battery pack for E-500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with you camera, printing and reading, wee_wei! :thumbsup: Good idea to print if you did not get the full manual. Mine happend to be the full Advanced manual translated to Swedish (my language). Unfortunatly, after I printed and read the English version. A tip: if you have access to A5 size paper, use that. It is smaller and easyer to transport.

Regarding filter, I second tao, UV is good to have on all lenses. The main reason is to protect the lens from scratches, but it will give a nicer look for outdoor pictures. I have one on all my lenses ever since I bought my first camera some 32 years ago. Polar filter is also a very good investment, it will give nice effects and eliminate most reflections.

What I would bring on a holiday to NY is: CF, CF and more CF specially if you plan to take raw pics only, like I do. A charged spare battery, it is a nightmare if battery suddenly gets flat. Tripod if you plan to take night pics. Don't forget to enable noise reduction if you take night pics. And one of the most important: a good pair of walking shoes.

I am shore you will enjoy your camera, it is a nice one.

i think you may also consider bring with you a digi media box (the device that has a hardisk and built-in card reader) instead of many cf cards. it'll definitely worth the money if you always travel. :)

I only have 2 CF cards with me + a digimaster (80GB) for my travels. Works well!

Cheers,
Sheu Hau

shchow said:
i think you may also consider bring with you a digi media box (the device that has a hardisk and built-in card reader) instead of many cf cards. it'll definitely worth the money if you always travel. :)

I only have 2 CF cards with me + a digimaster (80GB) for my travels. Works well!

Cheers,
Sheu Hau

how much does it cost?? :think:

I use 2 CF card & my Creative Zen Vision (30gb capacity, CF card slot.)

I agree shchow, it is much cheaper and better to have 80GB battery driven HD/CF reader (these things have different names in different countries) than 40 times 2GB CF. Still, I think it is a good idea to have at least two CF that suits your type of pic format. My format type is RAW, 2GB gives me 144 pics according to the display info.

wee_wei said:
how much does it cost?? :think:
mine is considered relatively cheap. It's a DIGIMASTER III.

I bought the case and hardisk seperately. The case itself is only around SGD70. The battery is removable (lasting battery life, good for travel). The hardisk is normal 2.5" hardisk that is used on a laptop normally.

The digimaster has a good battery life. however, it's NOT a fast device. Unlike one other device that I know in the market (forgot the name) that is capable of copy 1GB of CF pix to the drive in about 1mins. My digimaster will need around 10mins to copy a 1GB data from CF (yes, big difference). but, to me, it's the capacity and convenience that matters. I have 2 CF cards, when 1 is full, i'll put it to "unload" to the drive (at it's own sweet time) while i continue shooting with the 2nd one.

One thing smart about this Digimaster is that it doesn't require manual turning off. It always turn off by itself after completing the transfer. That's propably why can save battery. So far, nothing wrong with all my transfers.

shchow said:
... It's a DIGIMASTER III...

... My digimaster will need around 10mins to copy a 1GB data from CF ...

That's the one I wanted to buy also. Does that mean 2GB = 20min? Or is that depend on number of files and CF-type also? I take all my pics in RAW, 2GB gives me about 140 pics and have one Sundisk Extreme III (very fast, 20MB/s R/W speed) and one Sundisk Ultra II (half that fast). How long does one set of battery lasts?

OlyFlyer said:
That's the one I wanted to buy also. Does that mean 2GB = 20min? Or is that depend on number of files and CF-type also? I take all my pics in RAW, 2GB gives me about 140 pics and have one Sundisk Extreme III (very fast, 20MB/s R/W speed) and one Sundisk Ultra II (half that fast). How long does one set of battery lasts?
OlyFlyer. Let me do some test before getting back to you with a more accurate figures. ok? :)

shchow said:
...It's a DIGIMASTER III...

Sorry, shchow, I did not check the name correctly, I mean the Hyperdrive.

http://hyperdrive.com/shop/index.php

Not needed to answer my questions if other people are not interested. You may answer anyway if you want, I am still curious.

OlyFlyer said:
Sorry, shchow, I did not check the name correctly, I mean the Hyperdrive.

http://hyperdrive.com/shop/index.php

Not needed to answer my questions if other people are not interested. You may answer anyway if you want, I am still curious.
olyflyer, that hyperdrive you show me at the link is actually known as EastGear's CompactDrive here in singapore. This is a SUPER fast drive. roughly 1GB 1 min.

You were saying that we can use a 2.5" HD for the purpose. Is it ok if my hardisk is partition?
which drive will it read then?

wee_wei said:
You were saying that we can use a 2.5" HD for the purpose. Is it ok if my hardisk is partition?
which drive will it read then?
never tried with multiple partitions. probably won't work. and for this kind of mobile drive, must be partitioned to FAT16/32. Won't work with NTFS.

If hard disk is partitioned, it will just read the capacity of the 1st partition loh...

It will only work properly & best as 1 big partition of FAT32 lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.