Battery life...too short! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo

Mar 14, 2006
East Coast
I'm struggling with the duration of my camera battery that is indeed to short for me.
I'm using KM that require Lithium Ion battery.

The KM original battery last only for 3-4 hours (100 pics) than I have other 2 batteries (third party) that are even worse 1 to 1,5 hours only.
Even I try to minimize the LCD use it's really to short.

Travelling it's needed to have reliable battery to enjoy the day out without worry to get out of power.
Any solution or suggestion to cope with this issue?

May I ask which model of KM camera are you using?

Sometime turn the LCD brightness lower would help a bit to conserve the battery power.

Are you using those seagate photo drive alike?

If no choice, you have to buy more battery or some external battery pack, but it can be quite troublesome sometime.

I'm using the KM A200 and the battery model is the NP800 (for other battery brand is known as EL1).

Regarding more battery unit I have already considered this option, but the result is terrible.
Only 1 to 1,5 hours. That means in 3 hours you need 3 batteries!!!

It's really to low. Isn't it?

Could you please tell me more about the seagate photo drive? What is it?:)

Yes sure I have setted the Auto-Off timer.

Do you have experience with this battery model or you are using a different one?

For storage I'm using a CF 1Gb. This should be normal.

Any battery brand to recommend?:)

Why don't you use any external battery pack? They last much longer.:thumbsup:

Leonardo said:
Yes sure I have setted the Auto-Off timer.

Do you have experience with this battery model or you are using a different one?

For storage I'm using a CF 1Gb. This should be normal.

Any battery brand to recommend?:)
KM5D use NP-400 1500 mAh, 7.4 V so the battery capacity is about double of NP-800 7.4V, 800mAh.
I use eastgear batteries, so far no problem.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
upgrade to 7D or 5D, cos i went to overseas with 4 batteries and only used 1... took about 200+ pics over 5 days.

I took 300 plus photos in 1 during my trip to China. Lasted me the whole day. I was using a Dynax 5D. Eastgear batteries are so far the best 3rd party batteries I used.:thumbsup:

Hi All tks for the reply & sorry for my late answer since I was travelling abroad.

Hi SMTAN24 the Eastgear battery you use is charged by the KM battery charger or you are using a Eastgear battery charger?

What about the external battery pack? Is this available for any DC brand? Is it expensive & where to get it in Singapore?

Leonardo said:
Hi All tks for the reply & sorry for my late answer since I was travelling abroad.

Hi SMTAN24 the Eastgear battery you use is charged by the KM battery charger or you are using a Eastgear battery charger?

What about the external battery pack? Is this available for any DC brand? Is it expensive & where to get it in Singapore?

Charging the Eastgear battery on Konic Minolta charger. External batteries vary in price but you can get one for about SGD150 or less. They're usually rate at 3000mA or higher for some of them. Yes they available for any brand just check the voltage is the same as your camera before phurchasing.

Hi all tks for yor suggestions.
I'll try to find out more on the ext battery.:)

Simple la! Trade in your camera for a Nikon FM2 or a Leica M6.
For you info, my M6 and my wife's FM2 require us to change batteries around 2 years.
I never have any problem with batteries and etc...
Haha..:D

Leonardo did you manage to get the external battery pack. I saw one at Sim Lim Square at the basement.

Hi smtan24 unfortunately not yet.
Could you pls tell more where is the place in Sim Lim and the shop name?

Tks :)

Leonardo it's next to the food court B1.

Leonardo manage to ge the battery pack.

Hi smtan24 unfortunately not yet.
One of this day I have to go around Sim Lim Square, so I'll have the opportunity to check it out.

Tks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.