Battery Life Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnl71

Jul 2, 2009
East area
Hi members of CS,

I need some help. Currently under normal usage (shooting from OVF and sometimes previewing pictures from LCD) with fully charged battery, it becomes dead (battery icon with slash across) after less than 200 shots.

Is this normal? I am using A230 and specs show that battery should last average 510shots with full charge.

I'd like to hear your opinions on this matter :think:.

take the specs with abit of salt. Usually the amount of pictures the spec show is assuming a very controlled situation with minimum standby, preview and purely shooting via OVF. You try one day charge all the way to max and try not to preview at all. If it doesnt hit till 300 you can go ask for warranty if your battery is less then half a year. Usually first party batteries are covered with more then 50% then the rated full charge specs warranty. You can try asking sony to replace it for you.

It should definitely not be that low. Better bring it to the nearest Sonystyle for a service replacement.

Thanks all for your reply.

No wonder, I felt something was wrong. I personally feel that below 200 is way too low as well. Moreover my whole camera package (including battery pack) is less then a week old!

I called the retail outlet (not sure if appropriate to list names) I purchased my from and questioned about this. Salesman I bought from told me it's normal and all. I will have to call up Sony instead to check I guess.

Still, how to prove to them that the battery actually drains out too fast? Let them do some test shots and waste shutter count :dunno:?

Are you using SSM lenses? SSM lenses tends to drain your batteries faster. But you can check with Sony first.

Are you using SSM lenses? SSM lenses tends to drain your batteries faster. But you can check with Sony first.

Not sure what is SSM lens, but I was only using my kit lenses (18-55 and 55-200) only haha :bsmilie:. <-- Not sure if they are SSM lenses though.

Not sure what is SSM lens, but I was only using my kit lenses (18-55 and 55-200) only haha :bsmilie:. <-- Not sure if they are SSM lenses though.

OK, the 18-55mm should be a SSM lens IIRC. It has a motor build into the lens which allows the lens to focus faster.

OK, the 18-55mm should be a SSM lens IIRC. It has a motor build into the lens which allows the lens to focus faster.

Oh I see! Thanks for the update. I have to call Sony to check about my battery else it's going to be a real hassle if I have to charge my battery so often. Probably may even be dead after 1 day of intense shooting haha :bsmilie:.

Status
Not open for further replies.