Battery Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Matter

Jul 22, 2008
I am using eneloop battery for my SB600. I has a question and it might sound stupid. (if so please forgive me as a newbie;p).

How do I know the battery status (level of power left before recharging). There is no battery indicator. What I am doing now is to gauge the no. of shot I use with flash before I recharge it.(about 400 shots). But is there no better way to know the battery status?:think:

No. There is no electronic chip to communicate between flash and batt. Not possible to do it as there are too many types of battery in the market.

That is the reason why we always bring spare battery. And for important event, always use a fresh full charged battery in the flash

No. There is no electronic chip to communicate between flash and batt. Not possible to do it as there are too many types of battery in the market.

That is the reason why we always bring spare battery. And for important event, always use a fresh full charged battery in the flash

Thanks...so I will need to get the battery checker or just charge it up for important events.

If you are familiar with your flash, you should be able to tell by how fast/slow it recharge to gauge whether you should consider changing batteries. For the older flashes, you can actually hear the charging sound but with the newer models, it is a lot quieter.

If you are familiar with your flash, you should be able to tell by how fast/slow it recharge to gauge whether you should consider changing batteries. For the older flashes, you can actually hear the charging sound but with the newer models, it is a lot quieter.

Is SB600 consider a newer model. I will use this method before i lay my hand on the battery checker. thanks

Batt checker can be found at most better hardware stores.

I got mine from a HDB lelong store for S$4.90. Works well enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.