Battery grip

afinozz

Feb 8, 2010
Do my camera use lesser battery power if i use the battery grip?

photoart said:
I am not sure but i don't think so. It should be the same

Alright. Thanks.

Here I thought it will use more power with the grip....according to logic is more power is required to power both the camera and the grip.

theoretically speaking, it shld consume more but i dun see the drain getting heavier with mine attached. Of course, i duno abt 3rd party grips. haha.

Isn't the battery grip just an extension of the buttons already on your camera? Unless your's has those fancy timer functions I doubt and extra meter or two of wires is going to be THAT power hungry.

The grip does not really need to be powered that much, it's just adding additional wires (effectively). The shutter button is after all, a glorified switch of sorts.

So I guess, you might encounter slightly higher consumption, but that would be insignificant and probably due to additional resistance.

no,
battery grip is like spare gas tank in a car, it will not help you in fuel consumption, but can let you drive longer distance.

Cowseye said:
Spare gas tank with a steering wheel (actually 2) on it. You can trigger your shutter with it :p

Well said both bros.....
*thumbs up*