battery grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommended. It not only serve as a vertical grip, it also give you the option to use AA batteries as power source or use 2x Li-ion batteries. But it makes your cam heavier and much bulkier.

it is better that u get a battery grip =D

firstly... you got more battery life for shooting... you got a choice for x2 Li-ion batt or 6 AA batts... secondly... a firmer hold for vertical shoot...

Do correct me if i am wrong =D

it is better that u get a battery grip =D

firstly... you got more battery life for shooting... you got a choice for x2 Li-ion batt or 6 AA batts... secondly... a firmer hold for vertical shoot...

Do correct me if i am wrong =D

I second that. I am using 400D with grip. serves the purpose of extra batt life and vertical grip. But IMHO, its also an additional weight which I would suggest you get a hand sling. I already have finger cramps holding the cam for wholeday taking orientation pictures.;)

I second that. I am using 400D with grip. serves the purpose of extra batt life and vertical grip. But IMHO, its also an additional weight which I would suggest you get a hand sling. I already have finger cramps holding the cam for wholeday taking orientation pictures.;)

how much is a hand sling???

Recommended to battery grip.

Firstly, it gives you double battery life. Secondly, it allows you vertical shoot without having trouble to tilt your hand for the shutter button.

Lastly, the unintended 'benefit' from using battery grip is that you'll look like a pro photographer, then when you taking photos like in the car/motor show, those models will tends to pose at your camera more cause they will think that you're a pro photographer, especially if you use a long len too. Haha...

Recommended, I am using 350D and it starts to get a bit unbalanced once lenses like the 70-200mm is mounted. I wouldnt worry about the extra weight of the battery grip, it is the unbalance feeling without the grip that would tire my hands.

Of course, taking vertical shots will be much easier.

battery grip is good to have. but not nessesary to have.

but most important thing of all. dun develop bad habits. :bsmilie:

Bad habits? Pertaining to battery grips? What bad habits are there?

It does not prolong battery life. You can put an extra battery into the grip, hence effectively you can take pictures for twice the duration without having to change the batteries.

It's good to have a grip when you mount a big lens and it works well ...

I love my grip.. I cannot think of any cons abt having a grip.. onli one maybe is weight.. but that may not be a bad thing. So.. go buy 1. :bsmilie:

Hmm....having a battery grip on my cam hinders me from taking photos. I just bring an extra batt with me.

Lastly, the unintended 'benefit' from using battery grip is that you'll look like a pro photographer, then when you taking photos like in the car/motor show, those models will tends to pose at your camera more cause they will think that you're a pro photographer, especially if you use a long len too. Haha...

:eek:...i learnt something new today...

Hmm....having a battery grip on my cam hinders me from taking photos. I just bring an extra batt with me.

err...like how? cause camera like the D2 and the 1D series have their grip built-in...

err...like how? cause camera like the D2 and the 1D series have their grip built-in...

Its ok lah.. idea is to have a BIG camera mah.. D2 and 1D very BIG liao.. mount a BIG and maybe WHITE lens will sure look like honey..:heart::heart:

But models cannot come too close lah.. wait photo onli show nose hair... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.