Battery Grip for Nikon d700

bummerbee

Apr 24, 2012
Hi all, what is a good battery grip for nikon d700 and approximate cost? I was looking around and someone recommended the mb-d10 but I heard there are some issues with it.

Please advise!!

bummerbee said:
Hi all, what is a good battery grip for nikon d700 and approximate cost? I was looking around and someone recommended the mb-d10 but I heard there are some issues with it.

Please advise!!

Mb-d10 is the original nikon grip for d7000 and will be the best in build quality and connectivity. Any others will be third party.

bummerbee said:

Please advise!!

What "issues" did you hear about?

I've been using the original MB-10 no issue at all, i've also use e 3rd party ones, the problem i are
1) sometime show me error (have to take out the batt grip n fix it on again to solve the problem)
2) keep telling me low batt even though i jus charged tt batt full (have to take out the batt grip n fix it on again to solve the problem)

What issues with the mb-d10?

Only issues I heard so far, are issues with 3rd party grips...

daredevil123 said:
What issues with the mb-d10?

Only issues I heard so far, are issues with 3rd party grips...

I guess the only possible issue is fake original grip. I had encounter another grip that has all the engraving and serial number and looks exactly like my grip. But it feels significantly lighter than mine. Though I nvr go in depth to prove mine or the others is fake, I don't think there's such a big difference between the different batch of MB-D10. D7000 however, has been faked before and there's a well known video exposing it on Fstopper website.

I guess the only possible issue is fake original grip. I had encounter another grip that has all the engraving and serial number and looks exactly like my grip. But it feels significantly lighter than mine. Though I nvr go in depth to prove mine or the others is fake, I don't think there's such a big difference between the different batch of MB-D10. D7000 however, has been faked before and there's a well known video exposing it on Fstopper website.

Actually, the fake is very easy to spot... if you know how, that is...