Battery for Pentax K1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Just got this old unit of K1000 along with some nice lenses to play with. Need to replace the battery that powers the metering needle. I read from the manual that it uses LR44 battery. Is such a battery easily available from photo labs or hardware shops, or do I need to visit Sim Lim Tower?

TIA for any help!

Originally posted by Tweek
Just got this old unit of K1000 along with some nice lenses to play with. Need to replace the battery that powers the metering needle. I read from the manual that it uses LR44 battery. Is such a battery easily available from photo labs or hardware shops, or do I need to visit Sim Lim Tower?

TIA for any help!

the LR44 is those watch battery type. quite easy to get

oh great, thanks guys. Sorry I am a noob with all those button batteries. :D

will try to get it tmrw and try some manual power. Among the lenses is a 16mm fisheye which I'm dying to try out.

You shouldn't use LR44s. They won't last very long and have rather undesirable discharge characteristics. SR44, the silver version of the same size battery is much preferred. The discharge curve is fairly flat till end of life. In a mechanical shutter camera like the K1000, it will lost a very long time. It's around $2.50 a piece.

oh...ok...so that SR44 will work as well? Right will try that instead...thanks kahheng!

Wah... you have fish-eye lens!!!! I have the whole combination of lens except for that missing fish-eye lens in my pentax system....:(

anyway, happy shooting...

cheers :D

Got the LR44 from a neighbourhood photo lab....don't have SR44. Anyway the metering needle is working now! :D

Originally posted by sulhan
Hmm looks like can organize a manual slr outing!!

;)

hey, i will be interested.... but only after 17th May... me having exams

Originally posted by Tweek
Got the LR44 from a neighbourhood photo lab....don't have SR44. Anyway the metering needle is working now! :D

SR44 batteries can be bought at Sim Lim Tower. Basement, battery shop near the escalator. They stock all sorts of batteries, even the mercury PX625.

Most neighbourhood shops will only have LR44 which is really not that advisable for camera equipment because of it's discharge characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.