Battery Error

pooh83

Sep 2, 2011
Hi All,

I had a situation here.

I had bought recently bought a DIGITA Nikon EN-EL14+ Replacement 7.4V "1030mAh" Fully Decoded Battery for Nikon D5100 - Black from DX.com

Had it charged and used twice and was working perfectly fine

However, just like last week I kept it inside my Dry Cabinet and took it out to use as spare.

It pop out a error " Battery Error " indicating that my battery is not compatible with the camera.

Question is : Does having the battery to be placed just like that inside the dry cabinet might have caused the sudden error ?

Hi All,

I had a situation here.

I had bought recently bought a DIGITA Nikon EN-EL14+ Replacement 7.4V "1030mAh" Fully Decoded Battery for Nikon D5100 - Black from DX.com

Had it charged and used twice and was working perfectly fine

However, just like last week I kept it inside my Dry Cabinet and took it out to use as spare.

It pop out a error " Battery Error " indicating that my battery is not compatible with the camera.

Question is : Does having the battery to be placed just like that inside the dry cabinet might have caused the sudden error ?

I think its just a lousy 3rd party battery.

take up with the seller

Totally Sianz 1/2 sia... Haish..

How about the I-Discovery battries sold in Challenger huh ? like $28+ for members ?

i think chromage and the in house brand from SLRR is okay.

So far I have no problems with them.

Try to do a full charge to see if it works

i think chromage and the in house brand from SLRR is okay.

So far I have no problems with them.

Bro, check with you if the chromage battery can last as long as the originals or slightly lesser?

those with smart chips that can detect fake battery ones better stick to the original ones..hard to get pass.
those without..easy as 123..can use.

Bro, check with you if the chromage battery can last as long as the originals or slightly lesser?

about the same. I have switched to fuji long ago, now using the SLRR in house brand.

So meaning chromage is better?

99 for a extra battery really bo liao leh..

Hi All,

No.
You battery is non-original.

No.
You battery is non-original.

So if a original battery is just left inside it won't have any error or any such problems ?

So if a original battery is just left inside it won't have any error or any such problems ?

I never had any such issues with my original batteries. That's why I only buy the original ones. Sure, pay a bit more at the start, but the long term benefits are worth it.

Thanks All !

Any recommendations on where is the best + cheapest place to buy a battery then ?

Did a search on forum - SLRR at Funan had $54 as the cheapest ? However the post was in 2012.

Anyone can vouch for it or could further recommend ?

Last edited:

if have any problems with the battery, the original batteries have guarantee against manufacture defects, so you can ask for replacement,

for third party batteries, go try your luck talk to the shops lor......

Thanks All !

Any recommendations on where is the best + cheapest place to buy a battery then ?

Did a search on forum - SLRR at Funan had $54 as the cheapest ? However the post was in 2012.

Anyone can vouch for it or could further recommend ?

Call up the shops tomorrow and ask