Battery Error

I have a chromage 3rd party batt and an original prolly 2yrs old by now, always kept in dry cabi when not in use.
No issue so far

OOT but how much u all pay for ur cheong batteries?

$32 according to e current pricing cos I can't rem how much I bought it for. Chromage for canon 60d tho

So if a original battery is just left inside it won't have any error or any such problems ?
If the dry cabinet had any such effect on batteries then users in moderate climate zones would not have much fun with their cameras ...
If in doubt, consult the camera manual under 'Storage'.

Don't use third party batteries. Buy the original ones. They are no doubt more expensive but afterall batteries are the most important component of a DSLR

Don't use third party batteries. Buy the original ones. They are no doubt more expensive but afterall batteries are the most important component of a DSLR

I beg to differ. For alkaline or the older generation nickel based batteries, 3rd party batts does a lousy job. May leak or explode and cause damage.

But the same may not be said about lithium based batteries. 3rd party batteries are much better than name brand ones, if you factor in cost. Of course, buy the the more reputable ones. For the best bang for your buck, buy online from eBay sellers with good feedback scores. Of coz in real life applications, these batteries may not carry the capacity that is stated, but still works good.