Battery and SD for DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camm

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
Would like to check if you guys are using original or third party battery? Any recommendation on a brand for nikon D80? Or is it neccessary to use original ones? And is there any difference between SD and high speed SD card? Is there any significant difference in speed between these two and which brand is more reputable?

Thanks for any enlightenment

Third party you can have power, but no info.

For Vertical Grip, same. For D80, even your third party batt, try to get the 3 metal contact ones. (I donno whether are there any, cos I using all originals)

If you don't do burst, the normal and high speed don't really make too much a different. Unless you take RAW.

However, when you are transferring data to your pc, that can be a difference of a 2min vs a 10min. (2G load).

Will have. But you won't have the info of the remaining batt. vs shots taken. (An extra function of D80)

Would like to check if you guys are using original or third party battery? Any recommendation on a brand for nikon D80? Or is it neccessary to use original ones? And is there any difference between SD and high speed SD card? Is there any significant difference in speed between these two and which brand is more reputable?

Thanks for any enlightenment

normal card will do.

you cannot shoot at high speed also.

batt just get what your feel is alright. both will give you power.

buy original batteries

SD card depend how fast you shoot and how many at a time

yes, oringinal ones can have around more than 400 shots...is this good enough for one days shoot? Then you consider the second battery or Battery Grip.

SD card, normal ones are ok, but bit slower if using "machine gun".

Previously was using canon and the original battery died on me pretty fast and the 3rd party is even more durable. Guess I'll try the nikon original just for the fact that it provides the info needed. Thanks all for your advise :D

Previously was using canon and the original battery died on me pretty fast and the 3rd party is even more durable. Guess I'll try the nikon original just for the fact that it provides the info needed. Thanks all for your advise :D
3rd party like camera device do have compatible battery that comes with 3rd contact as well.
anyway I think camera that uses 3 contacts battery can only use batt with it contacts, but older cam that uses 2 contacts battery can choose either since it will just ignore the 3rd contact

I thought most camers using AA batteries?:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.