Batteries For My External Flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth83

Aug 30, 2007
I am thinking of getting rechargeable batteries for my SB600 as using energizer batteries are killing my wallet and I tend to be trigger happy sometimes.

Would like to ask if there are a specific brand I should consider getting. Something that can last around 400 shots at least if possible.

Budget is around $60~$80(4 batteries and charger) since its AA and they can also be used for other things.

Take a look at Eastgear retailer, they carry brands like powerex or you may find other brands good for flash like eneloop from Sanyo or energizer rechargables.

Get rechargeables. Eneloop from Sanyo. They come charged and retain charge well beyond months. Capacity is reasonably good, though may not be as high as other models (eg. 2000MAh vs. 2600MAh). About S$5 each if you buy in a 4- or 8-pack.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies. will check out the Eneloops :)

To get more shots out of it...

use PowerEx 2700 :thumbsup:

To get more shots out of it...

use PowerEx 2700 :thumbsup:

went to the eastgear website and saw it there. But the charger for it is super expensive...

went to the eastgear website and saw it there. But the charger for it is super expensive...

There is a cheaper option.

MH-C401FS... should be about $40 - 50... I used this charger til I got the C801D recently... :thumbsup:

Actually, you can use any charger for any battery

Actually, you can use any charger for any battery

Yup. You don't even need special chargers for the eneloops. Note that rapid chargers will degrade the batteries, and may not charge them up to maximum capacity.

If you tend to leave your batteries in your bag / flash for a few weeks, and don't always recharge before heading out to shoot, the low self discharge ones (Imedion, Eneloop, Sony CycleEnergy, etc) work really well. I left two sets of batteries in my camera bag for 2 months once. The Eneloops worked perfectly when I tried them. The Energizer 2500mAH were flat as far as the flash was concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.