batteries for flash

lenechar

Jan 9, 2011
hello,

I just got a flash but im confused which rechargeable batteries to get, are there any specs of that best for flash?

any recommendations?

thank you..

Last edited:

thanks for the help bro

ok then, can lock the thread

Hi guys,

I dont want to dig up another thread, but it's regarding my flash unit, Nissin Di622 Mark II.

I'm using GP Recyko batteries for it for the first time i used it, it worked well.

Subsequently, when my batteries went flat, after a full charge and put back into the flash, the pilot would not turn green. It stays at red. I had tried using Powerex batteries also, same red pilot lamp.

Have you guys experience such problems before? Is it the battery problem or my flash unit?

Thanks!

So i assume you were not able to fire the flash too? Sometimes it could be the signal to red/green LED that is faulty rather than the flash gun not charged up.

To isolate the problem, try using fresh alkaline battery. If the problem persist, then most probably its the flash unit that is faulty.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried using fresh alkaline batteries. Will Energizer be good?

It's demoralizing, I've only used the flash once in March, up till now when I want to use it then the problem comes.

hello,

I just got a flash but im confused which rechargeable batteries to get, are there any specs of that best for flash?

any recommendations?

thank you..

Hi guys,

I dont want to dig up another thread, but it's regarding my flash unit, Nissin Di622 Mark II.

I'm using GP Recyko batteries for it for the first time i used it, it worked well.

Subsequently, when my batteries went flat, after a full charge and put back into the flash, the pilot would not turn green. It stays at red. I had tried using Powerex batteries also, same red pilot lamp.

Have you guys experience such problems before? Is it the battery problem or my flash unit?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

It's demoralizing, I've only used the flash once in March, up till now when I want to use it then the problem comes.

Eneloop rechargeable batteries are widely used & proven. I use them for my flash units. I have given up on alkaline batteries, for one reason, they leak & damage your gears if you have forgotten to remove them after a shoot & left it in for a period of time.

You can get them at a good price from ARTWOKFOTO :)

Eneloop rechargeable batteries are widely used & proven. I use them for my flash units. I have given up on alkaline batteries, for one reason, they leak & damage your gears if you have forgotten to remove them after a shoot & left it in for a period of time.

You can get them at a good price from ARTWOKFOTO :)

Artwok. Where art walks. :bsmilie:

I got my eneloops there, too. They're so shiny *_*

Thanks for the reply.

Since its just to find out the problem, any brand will do. :D

juz got a set of powerex 2400 batt for my flash.. I hope these are good..

Since its just to find out the problem, any brand will do. :D
Ok thanks bro.. Just knock off only, will try it when I get home..

Anyway some of you mentioned the eneloop, must I buy a charger specifically for eneloop or just any charger will do? Sorry my first time dealing with rechargable batteries.. :)

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Have you check the voltage with a multi-meter?

kym2609 said:
Ok thanks bro.. Just knock off only, will try it when I get home..

Anyway some of you mentioned the eneloop, must I buy a charger specifically for eneloop or just any charger will do? Sorry my first time dealing with rechargable batteries.. :)

Some eneloop comes wif charger or batts alone. If I hv a gd NiMh charger, u can use it to charge the eneloop batts.
More worth to get rechargeable batts

Most importantly, get a charger that can quick charge which is usually the top end product of every brand.
Imagine using less than 1 hour to charge 4 AA batteries compared to using 8 hours to do the same thing.

1hr quick charge will shorten life of battery a lot. Get the newer charges where you can change setting to quick or normal charge. If not in hurry use normal 8hr charge and prolong life of battery.

1hr quick charge will shorten life of battery a lot. Get the newer charges where you can change setting to quick or normal charge. If not in hurry use normal 8hr charge and prolong life of battery.

U are right, just saw this article, a great faq on batteries
http://www.gpbatteries.com/html/faq/index.html

But I have 5 sets batteries, wont that take 40 hours to charge all? I saw maha/powerex 8 cell smart charger with individual monitoring which also comes with fast and soft charging. It says soft charging only needs 2 hours, super quick rite?

Soft at 2hrs.... That's quick! Should be sold by East Gear.... I have not checked their price, but should be in the $100+ range just charger alone.