batteries for flash

Just visited eastgear and reddotphoto, reddot sells for 140, eastpack sells at 150. i also asked reddot if they can change the batteries to the newer model, they should reply by tmr.
Batteries are evil and expensive. I hope the charger can charge GP batteries.

Last edited:
BBB virus... Ha-ha.

hahaha.. battery also got BBB ah?

the powerex charger that i bought charges 2 batts in 1hr and 4 batts in 2 hrs.. someone please tell me my batt can last a year...

1hr quick charge will shorten life of battery a lot. Get the newer charges where you can change setting to quick or normal charge. If not in hurry use normal 8hr charge and prolong life of battery.

U are right, just saw this article, a great faq on batteries

But I have 5 sets batteries, wont that take 40 hours to charge all? I saw maha/powerex 8 cell smart charger with individual monitoring which also comes with fast and soft charging. It says soft charging only needs 2 hours, super quick rite?

hahaha.. battery also got BBB ah?

the powerex charger that i bought charges 2 batts in 1hr and 4 batts in 2 hrs.. someone please tell me my batt can last a year...

Batteries are very affordable now. Even if you use a quick charger & your batts last for a year is still worth it.
If you have 5 sets, on your off day, you can charge them in 10 hrs

Lets say if you are shooting an assignment & your batts go flat, you put in spare ones & still can charge the other 4 during the assignment in 2 hours, provided you brought along the charger :bsmilie:. No need to wait 8 hrs. Probably you'll be fired by then..........................:sweatsm: :sweat:

BBB

Last edited:
Just saw the link provided which sells the Eneloop batteries. However, they don't seem to sell the charger? Where can I get it and which charger is good? I don't need to have the quick charge function as photography is just my hobby...

Just saw the link provided which sells the Eneloop batteries. However, they don't seem to sell the charger? Where can I get it and which charger is good? I don't need to have the quick charge function as photography is just my hobby...
Yes they do. 4th part on the Eneloop section ;)

Have you check the voltage with a multi-meter?

Hi, nope, I didn't check it and I have no idea how to check it too. I did what chiangkxv suggested - trying fresh alkaline batteries. It still stays at red. So i guess it's my unit that's faulty already? Hai.. so what's the solution for now? Bring it down to the service centre?

Some eneloop comes wif charger or batts alone. If I hv a gd NiMh charger, u can use it to charge the eneloop batts.
More worth to get rechargeable batts

Yup i have rechargable batteries, I guess the problem is with my flash now. Geez, it's my first flash purchased and i have this problem..

Hi, nope, I didn't check it and I have no idea how to check it too. I did what chiangkxv suggested - trying fresh alkaline batteries. It still stays at red. So i guess it's my unit that's faulty already? Hai.. so what's the solution for now? Bring it down to the service centre?
May I ask what do you mean by its staying at red even with fresh alkaline batts?
My flash also stays at red. If fired at full manual output, the pilot goes to green then red.

Can your flash fire at all? :think:

May I ask what do you mean by its staying at red even with fresh alkaline batts?
My flash also stays at red. If fired at full manual output, the pilot goes to green then red.

Can your flash fire at all? :think:

Hey thanks for replying. Hmm, ok. I list down the steps:

1. I put in the fresh alkaline batteries
2. I pressed the power button
3. Pilot lamp turns red

And it stay at red, flash couldn't be fired.

I just check RDP forum, exact same problem as the threadstarter

http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/forum...rtup-(-need-help-)need-help-)?p=5939#post5939

I guess I need to send it down to the service centre already...

Hey thanks for replying. Hmm, ok. I list down the steps:

1. I put in the fresh alkaline batteries
2. I pressed the power button
3. Pilot lamp turns red

And it stay at red, flash couldn't be fired.

I just check RDP forum, exact same problem as the threadstarter

http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/forum...rtup-(-need-help-)need-help-)?p=5939#post5939

I guess I need to send it down to the service centre already...

Just asking, flash head at 90deg? How about other angles? Manual at different power outputs? TTL? Mounted on camera & off, same problem?
If all fail, then should bring back & exchange. Warranty still on?

Just asking, flash head at 90deg? How about other angles? Manual at different power outputs? TTL? Mounted on camera & off, same problem?
If all fail, then should bring back & exchange. Warranty still on?

Yup, i've tried all sorts of stuff, mount on camera, twist the angle, change the modes, and the problem persist.

My warranty is unfilled, i bought it 3 mths ago only. the address is different from it's own website though.. :bigeyes:

U are right, just saw this article, a great faq on batteries
http://www.gpbatteries.com/html/faq/index.html

But I have 5 sets batteries, wont that take 40 hours to charge all? I saw maha/powerex 8 cell smart charger with individual monitoring which also comes with fast and soft charging. It says soft charging only needs 2 hours, super quick rite?

But no point charging it so fast unless u need it urgently. Just slot in the batteries and leave it charging overnite. When u wake up, viola! Charged.

kym2609 said:
Yup, i've tried all sorts of stuff, mount on camera, twist the angle, change the modes, and the problem persist.

My warranty is unfilled, i bought it 3 mths ago only. the address is different from it's own website though.. :bigeyes:

Still have receipt ? They shld know that the set is from them by the serial numbers.

Still have receipt ? They shld know that the set is from them by the serial numbers.

i think i've lost it.. but the warranty card clearly states it's a local set..:think:

chiangkxv said:
By right, warranty is only valid with original receipt. But there is always by left. :D

Sometimes by centre, lol

By right, warranty is only valid with original receipt. But there is always by left. :D

haha i hope so, but i don't have the time to go down, it's open during office hours, weekends are closed..

Sometimes by centre, lol

nissin flash csc is schmidt marketing right? there sole distributor ba i guess, from what i've googled.. haha..

kym2609 said:
haha i hope so, but i don't have the time to go down, it's open during office hours, weekends are closed..

nissin flash csc is schmidt marketing right? there sole distributor ba i guess, from what i've googled.. haha..

But the shop should honor the purchase. Ask them to dig out the receipt for u.