batteries capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

modenaslim

Mar 2, 2003
Yishun Broadway KopiDiam
Visit site
I juz got my 2100mAh Sanyo Batteries
but previously I'm using 1700mAh Sanyo batteries and the original charger. Can I use the low capacity charger to charge a high capacity batteries??

need to confirm .... 0_^...
Regards.

Originally posted by modenaslim
I juz got my 2100mAh Sanyo Batteries
but previously I'm using 1700mAh Sanyo batteries and the original charger. Can I use the low capacity charger to charge a high capacity batteries??

need to confirm .... 0_^...
Regards.

Yes. A charger is a charger there is no such thing as a low capacity charger.

There is only "normal" and "fast" chargers, the difference is one charge slowler ,the other one charge faster.

You can use non Sanyo batteries with the charger as well, some people thought only can charge similar brand batteries in the charger.

if i'm not mistaken each charger has its own output voltage rating.
so all you have to do is just calculate from there...
for example, if a charger has a 100mA output voltage rating, then you'll need 21 hours to get 2100mAh.
correct me if i'm wrong thou...

it does depend. some chargers are timer-based and will cut off after a fixed time, irregardless of whether the batteries are charged or not.

woo... thanks for the helps.
okie lar.. I try charge my 2100 batt with the charger lar.
will record down the time and make comparison....

cheers..!!!

Originally posted by rangs
if i'm not mistaken each charger has its own output voltage rating.
so all you have to do is just calculate from there...
for example, if a charger has a 100mA output voltage rating, then you'll need 21 hours to get 2100mAh.
correct me if i'm wrong thou...

Yes, though you must check to see if the rating refers to 2 batteries charging together or 4 batteries charging together.

My SONY FAST Charger can do 1100mA for 2 batteries but only 560mA for 4 batts, so a 4 x 2100mA will take abt 3hours and 45 mins.

Can charge 2 sets of 4 batts in one night.
Enough to last me for the entire day.

Status
Not open for further replies.