Batch Watermark using file name

Eason86

Jan 5, 2012
Hi guys, i need some help on mass batching,i had around 200 photos for my group of client to choose to print out.

Is it possible to mass water marked pictures using the picture file name or relabel the sequence, without doing manually on each photo.

Thanks in advance.

photoshop batch edit.

Google for "batch watermark images" and take your pic.

possible, many years ago when I need this, I use Google search to solve my problems.

for lightroom, there is a plugin to do this, but you need to pay for it.

if you want to use photoshop, you need to write a script to do that, if you can't write, either you pay someone to write for you,
or search an existing script from the net, than write an action to put the script into the action, using action to format the font size, position, color in the image before save a jpg copy.

alternativitly, you can download a image viewer freeware call faststone, the function is already built in.

hope this help.

.......and this thread belongs to digital darkroom, not General Photography Talk.

thread moved.

u may want to try out uMark. it got free mode too.

Do you need to have filename watermarks right in the image? If not, Lightroom can place it at the bottom of the image, either single print or contact print.

Print filename, caption, and other information (Single Image/Contact Sheet layouts)

You can print information about photos, such as the filename, title, caption, and keywords, on Single Image/Contact Sheet photo layouts. The information is taken from the metadata that you enter in the Library module. The information prints below each photo. See also Viewing and editing metadata.

In the Page panel, select Photo Info and then click Custom Settings and choose one of the following:
Caption Prints the photo caption.
Custom Text Prints the text that you type into the Custom Text box.
Date Prints the creation date of the photo.
Equipment Prints information about the camera and lens used to take the photo.
Exposure Prints the shutter speed and f/stop information.
Filename Prints the name of the photo file.
Sequence Prints different sequential numbers on the photos based on how many photos you’re printing. For example, if you’ve selected nine photos to print, the sequential numbers would be 1/9, 2/9, 3/9, and so forth.
Title Prints the photo title.
Edit Shows the photo information that you specify using the Text Template Editor dialog box.
Click the triangle to the right of Font Size and choose a size (in points) from the pop-up menu.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i need some help on mass batching,i had around 200 photos for my group of client to choose to print out.

Is it possible to mass water marked pictures using the picture file name or relabel the sequence, without doing manually on each photo.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm