Batch Sale: 29 D1s, 15 Lenses and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffp

May 14, 2004
Siglap
Hello All,

My company, SPH, is disposing a variety of photographic equipment in batches as follows:

Batch 1: Cameras & Accessories
29 pcs Nikon D1 Bodies (1999/2000)
7 pcs AFS 80-200/f2.8 (1999/2000/Undated)
8 pcs AFS 35-70/f2.8 (1999/2000/Undated)
8 pcs SB28DX (Undated)
2 pcs SB26 (Undated)
4pcs SB28 Battery Pack (Undated)

Pic 1: Cameras
cameras.jpg

Pic 2: Lenses
lenses.jpg

Pic 3: Flash Units
flashes.jpg

Batch 2: Studio Equipment (All 1983)
1 pc Bowens Quad-Matic 1.5k Rapid
1 pc Bowens Power Pack Quadmatic 3ka
1 pc Systems 900 compact flash monolight
1 pc Systems 1200 compact flash monolight
1 pc Systems 1200 compact flash
2 pcs Softbox
3 pcs Snoot Reflector
2 pcs Honeycomb Box
5 pcs Large Round Reflector
2 pcs Small Round Reflector

Pic 4:Studio Equipment
studio.jpg

The equipment was previously issued to SPH photographers. There is likely to be a range in the kind of condition that they are in, and my subjective evaluation is that they range from 1-5 in CS terms (they've "travelled the globe"). I'm told most are in working condition but a few are spoilt. But the sale is in batch mode - name a price and take all if you win the bid.

People who want spare bodies or just spare parts may be interested in them, and we're opening the sale up to CS forum, along with our usual disposal vendors and staff.

Here are some details in case you are interested:

1. The items for batch sale can be viewed at SPH News Centre, 1000 Toa Payoh North at the following times:

Tuesday 21 June 2005 (10 am – 5 pm)
Wednesday 22 June 2005 (10 am – 5 pm)

Please call Yan Peng Kong (ext 1020) from SPH reception when you arrive.

2. Bids are to be made in the relevant bid forms, available when the items are viewed.

3. SPH is not obliged to sell to the highest bidder. Goods are sold in an “as is’’ condition and once sold, are not returnable for refunds.

4. Mode of payment : CASH only

5. Closing date : 23 June 2005

Hope this info is useful.

Geoff

d1s how much?????

wow.... can we do a MO on this?? lol.... or suggest to SPH to do a garage sale lar... heehee....i want the aFs 80-200....

I think maybe a few CS members can group together to buy the whole batch, not easy for 1 member to take the whole batch....

hi! when u say batch, it means any potential bidder needs to buy the WHOLE lot? ie - we can walk in and place a bid for 1 d1, rite? :sweat:

Hi all,

As this is a batch disposal sale, there is no individual item price. There is also no estimated price. I've put the year of purchase as an indication of how old/valuable (or value-less) the items are.

Basically you come and see (no trying as it is an "as is" sale) and fill out a form stating your bid-price for Batch 1 and/or Batch 2 and hand it in, in an envelope, or post it back.

On Closing Date, company reps will open envelopes and probably there'll be a "winning" bid. The buyer will then be contacted to come and pay up and collect ALL the items in the batch he/she has successfully bidded for.

Hope this clarifies the queries so far.

Geoff

that means that this sales is for super rich guys, becos how one individual can makan all?

smurfman said:
that means that this sales is for super rich guys, becos how one individual can makan all?

Organise a MB (Mass Bid) lor..

smurfman said:

maybe those 2nd hand camera shop.... ie TCW... they even haf the capability to repair those faulty ones

smurfman said:
Thats why we may need to gather a few interested fellows for a "group buy".
And, I think, if this is considered as "fire sale", "as is sale" the price can be very cheap, maybe 20% of market price?

smurfman said:

astin has a point. those of us (me included!!) can try to pool together resources to place a bid.

however, from the pics, whoever wins need to spend a bit of money to refurbish/repair the equipment. i believe i spotted spider webs on one of the 80-200mm.... :sweat: small price to pay (IMO) for a d1... ;p

LOL look at those d1s....looks like imperial troops :bsmilie:

me in reservist during these days!!:mad2:
eyeing on the D1..

LOL look at those d1s....looks like imperial troops

:bigeyes:

geoff - looks like u can tell ur boss to save the trouble of bidding and just put the cams and lenses up for sale here in CS. :thumbsup:

If its like wats astin mentioned 20% of market price... i estimate maybe

29 pcs Nikon D1 Bodies (1999/2000) EST 29 x $400 = 11600
7 pcs AFS 80-200/f2.8 (1999/2000/Undated) EST 7x$400 = $2800
8 pcs AFS 35-70/f2.8 (1999/2000/Undated) EST 8x $200 = $1600
8 pcs SB28DX (Undated) 8x $???
2 pcs SB26 (Undated) 2x $???
4pcs SB28 Battery Pack (Undated) 4x $??

Last 3 time not too sure of how much they worth
Probably about $16k-$18k ?

Geof... suggest to ur boss lar... on the spot bidding... hee... more fun... n might get back more money for the company.... heehee

i may be up for a mass bid if CSers are interested :)

rebbot said:
i may be up for a mass bid if CSers are interested :)

haha... from kegler's rough estimate, figure u need to find ard 30 chaps who are willing to contribute anywhere ard $1k each to participate. from the way the stuff is being packaged by SPH, i guess its meant to discourage small bidders. sigh... :cry:

AFS 80-200 who is in?
------------------------

Reserve
---------
1. TMC

Status
Not open for further replies.