batch resize

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsosl1e8

Sep 18, 2005
is there any way i can batch resize using photoshop cs2? Like if i got a group of not so nice photos... not printing but wanna watch on pc so i would like to resize them to around 2mpx. To resize them one by one is a chore...

any advice would be very much appreciated :D

use IrFanView. its easy to use.

If they are all around the same orignal size you can can define your own custom actions to resize them or jsut download acdsee or infranview, thsese provide pretty good batch resizgin capapbilities.

I am using something called JPG resizer which cna also define destination directory, resizing options, compression ratios and others. the only drawback is it will stripaway all exif info.

you're in PS2. to your right, there's an actions panel. create new action, label it, press the circular record button, resize one of your pictures, save it, press the squarish stop button. now anytime you want to batch resize again, go to file>automate>batch and select that specific action. you can choose to batch action on all opened files or a single folder. it'll then resize and save.

thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

for the ps2 batch actions, i've used it for sometime but the prob is that when it saves as jpeg, there'll be a box to choose compression. This one cannot overide.. in the end but some weights on my keyboard to hold down the enter button :bsmilie:

tried jpg resizer... simple and good. Thanks

ahsosl1e8 said:
is there any way i can batch resize using photoshop cs2? Like if i got a group of not so nice photos... not printing but wanna watch on pc so i would like to resize them to around 2mpx. To resize them one by one is a chore...

any advice would be very much appreciated :D

Quick and dirty method.

Use the File/Automate web page creation tool. Just dump all of the images you want to resize in a couple of folders (I sort them in to portrait and landscape) .. set up a custom size to suit your monitor and an output directory (folder) and start the tool. Only takes a couple of minutes to resize a few hundred images. Copy files from the created \images folder and dispose of the next and back button images. Couldn't be simpler or faster.

ahsosl1e8 said:

for the ps2 batch actions, i've used it for sometime but the prob is that when it saves as jpeg, there'll be a box to choose compression. This one cannot overide.. in the end but some weights on my keyboard to hold down the enter button :bsmilie:

If you click the small camera icon beside the jpg compression step, it will skip the dialogue box.

ahsosl1e8 said:

As what Parka has mention, u need to uncheck the icon (look like a diskette) next to the action on the left. It will then use whatever setting you have set without the dialogue box :)

..din notice that... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.