batch-mode processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentaroC

Oct 3, 2003
www.zonzon.sg
Visit site
does PS support batch-mode processing ? or if any other software supports such functions ?

thanks mpenza, about your reply to the depth preview thing just now thanks too ... pls forgive my ignorance ... me did not know that my E10 too has the function haha ... me just shoot through the viewfinder straight haha...
anyway how do i like apply curve, brightness contrast and other effects that i did for one photo to the whole folder in PS7 ? thanks again ...

Another question...

Using PS to batch process.

How to set the PS to "autosave" for eg. in JPEG fine..using same name.

All without needing user input to select parameters.

kentaroC said:
thanks mpenza, about your reply to the depth preview thing just now thanks too ... pls forgive my ignorance ... me did not know that my E10 too has the function haha ... me just shoot through the viewfinder straight haha...
anyway how do i like apply curve, brightness contrast and other effects that i did for one photo to the whole folder in PS7 ? thanks again ...

If I am not wrong, to apply the same kind of levels, contrasts, brightness to the pictures, what you need to do is apply the setting to one picture using layers, after that, just drag the layers that you created to the other pictures....

The same adjustments will be applied to all the other pictures. Hope this helps.

CYRN said:
Another question...
How to set the PS to "autosave" for eg. in JPEG fine..using same name.

you can use the option in the automate batch process , select "Destination" option as "Save and Close"

or

in action recording mode , end with "Layer > Flatten Image" and then "File > Save".

kentaroC said:

You can record your curves, brightness , contrast and other effects as actions, follow by applying a batch processing. :)

From the photoshop help file,

To create a new action:

1. Open a file.
2. In the Actions palette, click the New Action button , or choose New Action from the palette menu.
3. Enter a name for the action.
4. (Photoshop) Choose a set from the pop-up menu.
5. If desired, set one or both of the following options:
-Assign a keyboard shortcut to the action. You can choose any combination of a Function key, the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (Mac OS), and the Shift key (for example, Ctrl+Shift+F3).
- (Photoshop) Assign a color for display in Button Mode.​

6. Click Record. The Record button in the Actions palette turns red round dot.

Important: When recording the Save As command, do not change the filename. If you enter a new filename, Photoshop records the filename and uses that filename each time you run the action. Before saving, if you navigate to a different folder, you can specify a different location without having to specify a filename.​

7. Choose the commands, and perform the operations you want to record.
8. To stop recording, click the Stop button, choose Stop Recording from the Actions palette menu, or press the Escape key. To resume recording in the same action, choose Start Recording from the Actions palette menu.

For batch job, you can search for "To batch-process files using the Batch command" in the help file.

Hope this helps. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.