Batch convert in Photoshop CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

digikon

Feb 18, 2005
Any expert out there who could advice me on how to convert in batch of 300 over pices of large image size e.g. 3000x2000 to 4R setting? - using photoshop :think:

Leave it as is. Just send in (JPEG) for printing.

My printer lazy to crop for me & he give me alot of excuses- so must I crop it manualy each of them. I understand some freeware able to do that? :dunno:

PIXresizer

Moved to a more appropriate location.

Ian
Nikon Forum Moderator.

digikon said:
My printer lazy to crop for me & he give me alot of excuses- so must I crop it manualy each of them. I understand some freeware able to do that? :dunno:
Actually no need to crop unless it's intentional cropping as 3000*2000 is 6in *4in or 4R dimension already so they can actually "FIT" your image into the 4R without cropping. It will be more than 300dpi but you can live with it. Only thing is the file size is bigger.

Also, if your printer advise you to crop despite knowing this, change printer. He obviously do not know much about printing except pressing auto on the machine!

change your printer. seriously.

he's not interested in your business.

i never had any problems with 3008 x 2000 pics straight out of the cam and to the lab.

try fotohub or something.

Ghostpipefish said:
change your printer. seriously.

he's not interested in your business.

i never had any problems with 3008 x 2000 pics straight out of the cam and to the lab.

try fotohub or something.

But if you send it straight to the printer he/she would just crop it for you. I'd rather crop the pictures myself. How do the picture-resizing software work? Aren't there always parts of the picture cropped away when you resize from 4:3 to 3:2 ratio?

Most professional DSLR or semi-pro models have the pic at 3:2 ratio shd no cropping is required. Unless say you wanted to print 8*10 instead of 8*12 then no choice.

The other scenario is creative cropping whereby you choice area you want to crop.

For both situations, no software can help u. Unless for 1st instance you have decide that all the bottom are being cropped of the right are being cropped for all pics.

danster said:
But if you send it straight to the printer he/she would just crop it for you. I'd rather crop the pictures myself. How do the picture-resizing software work? Aren't there always parts of the picture cropped away when you resize from 4:3 to 3:2 ratio?

4:3?

not sure about other cams but aren't most jpegs straight out of the cam in 3:2?

if you need to crop Photoshop can do it.....it's called image canvas or something.....or you can use the crop function. draw a rectangle in 3:2 and then position it yourself and crop!

but seriously, 4R is already 3:2

Ghostpipefish said:

if you need to crop Photoshop can do it.....it's called image canvas or something.....or you can use the crop function. draw a rectangle in 3:2 and then position it yourself and crop!

Some prosumers camera default setting is not 3:2.

Download and install a copy of Irfanview. Then resize all to 1800x1800 preserving aspect ratio. Then you'll end up with a bunch of 1800x1200 or 1200x1800 pics (depending on orientation) which you can send to your printer.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
Download and install a copy of Irfanview. Then resize all to 1800x1800 preserving aspect ratio. Then you'll end up with a bunch of 1800x1200 or 1200x1800 pics (depending on orientation) which you can send to your printer.

Regards
CK
Best advise so far. :thumbsup: I use Visualizer Photo Resize. It's easy to use and can do batch processing. All you have to do is put all teh photos you want to resize in one folder. It will then select all the photos there and resize it according to your specification and put the resized photos in a subfolder called 'resize'. Best of all it is free.

Download and install Microsoft Image Resizer Powertoy. Its a free download. Gives option for selecting one or more photographs. Select from standard size options and images are resized in seconds

Ghostpipefish said:

pics out of cam depends on cam's sensor,
n not the setting, jpeg, tiff or raw makes no diff.

some dslr have 4:3 aspect. olympus's e1 n e300 eg.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.