Batch Border processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
hey guys, is there anyway in CS3 to do batch borders?
it takes real lot of time to add borders for the individual photos.

Thanks in advance!

I normally record a set of actions then use bridge(not sure if its still called that in CS3) to do large batches.

I've been wondering about this question too. Well.. I've gotten past the recording action bit. My action resizes, adds border and watermarks. But problem is I have to create separate actions for portrait and landscape orientations and I can only do either one but not both in a single batch process. Is there a way to get around that?

I've been wondering about this question too...

Me too too too! My situation is this:

I used a mixture of a Sony T200 & a Samsung U600 (handphone cam) to snap photos. I always snap at max resolution, but naturally both devices have different max resolution. My post-processing process is:

1st, I resize the photos; 12% of original for shots taken by the Sony, 20% of the original for shots taken by the cellphone. I always feather my pictures to give it a nice soft border to blend with the background of my blog. The sub-processes involved when feathering (?I may not be doing it in the most efficient manner as I'm a PShop noob):

-selecting a marque with an offset "within" the resized-photo's border
-right-click -> feather
-click "okay" for a 5-pixel feathering offset
-Ctrl+c, Ctrl+n, Ctrl+v (guess u fellows know what it is)
-close the window of the original
-save the new image, REPLACING the original (so i retain filename)

The trick is: many of the sub-processes differs depending on which source the photo is from (digicam or cellphone) & depending on the orientation of the photo. Such examples include: resizing ratio, selection of "feathering marque", & I'm also unsure whether closing original image's window can be recorded in PShop or not...

I'm positive this is a common issue, just that I have NOT come across a nice action-recording tutorial yet...

Thanks, the action method works great. but now i have another problem.

Here's what i did:

1)Start recording
2)Using Canvas size and adding in the borders
3)Create text to be place on the borders

here's the problem, how do i set the text to be on a fix position on the border? as when i do batch process, the position of the test follows the position on the templete image causing it to be out of place on the others.

anyone can help?

Thanx sytan81 for offering, I suppose I'll be able to decipher ur actions file by dragging it into photoshop? But how do I use droplet.exe files?

The Droplet was created from the Action. It acts as a shortcut to invoke the action. You simply need to drag all your photos over the Droplet and everything will run.

The Action file dictates what is run specifically. You can load the file from within Photoshop. Once loaded, you can change the details such as my name, font, text size, etc.

Thanks, the action method works great. but now i have another problem.

Here's what i did:

1)Start recording
2)Using Canvas size and adding in the borders
3)Create text to be place on the borders

here's the problem, how do i set the text to be on a fix position on the border? as when i do batch process, the position of the test follows the position on the templete image causing it to be out of place on the others.

anyone can help?

If you take a look at my Action file, you'll see that there's a step whereby I linked both the text and the background layers. After that, I'm able to align the two layers to their edges. This way, it works for both portrait and landscape photos. ;)

thanks! got my set of actions working, just added borders for 94 pics. woo, that was fast.. haha

Hey, thanks for sharing sytan! Now just need to find the time to dissect it. :D

you're welcomed! Just keep trying and playing ard with it.. you may discover some new stuff! so far, I've yet to figure out how to place the text layer using relative positioning.. with this, we can then place the text layer anywhere on the photo instead of only at the edges..

thanks! got my set of actions working, just added borders for 94 pics. woo, that was fast.. haha

looks like you have a fast PC.. :D

try mine.. it works for both landscape and portrait.. :D

you'll need to change my name though.. :p

Download: Action File
Download: Droplet File

Sorry not very good in PS. Some questions:

1. after i open the Action File, i open my picture then click "play" at the left side of the screen, correct?

2. How do i change your name to mine, then every time when i click "play" it become my name?

3. How do i change the border size?

Sorry not very good in PS. Some questions:

1. after i open the Action File, i open my picture then click "play" at the left side of the screen, correct?

2. How do i change your name to mine, then every time when i click "play" it become my name?

3. How do i change the border size?
Once you understand the basics of Actions and how it works, you'll know how to make those changes you desire.. It's a bit too much for me to type here.. so I'll just point you a link here instead.. it's the 1st link from Google.. let me know if you still have problems after reading the guide.. :D

Once you understand the basics of Actions and how it works, you'll know how to make those changes you desire.. It's a bit too much for me to type here.. so I'll just point you a link here instead.. it's the 1st link from Google.. let me know if you still have problems after reading the guide.. :D

:thumbsup: Thank you. Understand and able to change liao. Thanks.

Thank you sytan81, I had learnt something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.