Basic Studio Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2004
Dear all,

After much queries of whether I'll conduct a basic course, I'm organising a Basic People Photography Class starting on 12th Nov 2006 Sunday. This emcompassess outdoors and studio. I've put it on a weekend for the working class(I believe most are).

This course is suitable for beginner shooters who's still grabbing a hold in fundamentals, and would like to relate outdoor lighting to indoors..

Here's how the schedule goes:

12th Nov 2006 Sunday(1000hrs - 1300hrs) - The basics of people photography.
This lesson teaches the students how to identify light sources outdoors, how to make the best out of a low light environment to one's advantage. It also covers cropping and composition, and other behind the scene's technique. The techniques of posing models, thus making em less camera shy(my method)

19th Nov 2006 Sunday(0800hrs - 1200hrs) - Location Shooting with models.
Your practical test as to what have been taught. 1 to 1 guidance will be given.

26th Nov 2006 Sunday(1000hrs - 1300hrs) Studio Photography and intro to equipment.
A physical rundown of what a equipped should have, the behind the scenes equipment we use. This lesson will also cover cropping and compositions.

3rd Dec 2006 Sunday(1000hrs - 1300hrs) - Studio Set up and calculating of lighting ratio.
Based on the lights you've learnt to identify on location earlier, we learnt the methods of bringing the great outdoors into studio. Here, we learn the basics of studio equipment and usage. We also learn about the basic of studio lightings and also using shadows to our advantage.

10th Dec 2006 Sunday(0800hrs - 1600hrs)
Your practical test in studio as to what have been taught. 1 to 1 guidance will be given.

17th Dec 2006 Sunday(1000hrs - 1300hrs)
Digital Touching up and enhancement of colours, and course wrap.

As usual, I'll teach my way, somewhat a crash course, but enough for everybody to get an idea what's required in people photography. I believe it maybe the best method rather than theories by the book. At the end of this course, I believe most will make better images, and will be more sound as to what bad images are. From there, should you wanna join the next intake of It's A Wrap, it'll be totally up to you.

The course fee inclusive of reading materials, models and crew will be SGD 450.00. I should be able to take up to 12 pax. Yes, Use your own camera.

Anybody keen? Show of nicks pls...

Cheers,

PBS

ianfoo24

Jun 14, 2006
I'm keen if it can be saturday morning or sunday afternoons. the sunday morning time slots are not too good for me.:)

Apr 2, 2004
I'm keen if it can be saturday morning or sunday afternoons. the sunday morning time slots are not too good for me.:)
Thanks for taking interest.. Will see the rest of the feedback and preference before I do any switching in timing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom