Basic studio Lighting Class - By SPACE 217

Status
Not open for further replies.

space217

Dec 26, 2004
Dear all,

Starting from January 2005, we will be launching photography courses at the all-new photography art space, SPACE 217. Please read on for details of the first introductory course which we will be conducting on the month of January.

Portraits - Introductory Class
Basic studio Lighting

Course Objective:
Students will be taught proper lighting techniques for portraits used in industry standard. Students will also get to do hands-on practice in acheiving and understanding classic lightings for proffesional portrait finishing. Assignments and critique will be given.

Course details:

Course : Studio Lighting for Portraits - Basic
Students : Maximum 12 to a class
Date : Jan 8th, Jan 15th
Cost : $150 per student (course material incl.)
Model : Dasha
Instructors : Skye Tan, Billy Soh and Frey

skyebillyfrey.jpg

The course will consisit of 2 parts:
PART A : Instructions and Demonstrations - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
PART B : Practical (hands-on by students) - 5:30 to 7:30

PART A (3 hours)

1) Understanding Lighting
(Equipments, Functions, and light characteristics)
- Soft, Diffused (Softbox, Reflectors, Umbrella etc...)
- Hard, Spectular (Reflector Dish etc...)
- Fills (Honey Comb, Snoot etc...)

2) types of lighting settings used in portraiture
- Split
- Rembrandt
- Loop
- Paramount
- 1:1
- Silhouette
- how to make a person look fatter/slimmer etc etc......

Part B (2 hours)
The students will be given the opportunity apply and experiment with the techniques taught earlier. Instructors will be at hand to supervise.

Other Information

- The lesson will be conducted using a Bronica GS-1 Medium Format Camera as well as a Canon EOS 1Ds tethered to a Macintosh laptop (subject to availability). Polaroid film will be provided.
- Any camera will do as long as there is a flash/sync socket and manual control.
- Students will be given assignments are encouraged to bring along their work the following week for a review and critique session.
- If more time with the model is required, a separate practice session can be organized on a weekday night, details to be discussed at the end of the lesson.

You may book your places..... NOW :p

Cheers
rueyloon - SPACE 217
SPACE217@36frames.com

JAN 8th
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

JAN 15th
1) Rafiano
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

upz for the morning crowd

JAN 15th
1) Rafiano
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

For those that are interested, please email me your full name and contact number to space217@36frames.com

Cheers

uhm, sorry but are those pictures you posted on this thread yours or any of the instructors'? If not, please show us some of your original pictures please? Am interested

benedium said:
uhm, sorry but are those pictures you posted on this thread yours or any of the instructors'? If not, please show us some of your original pictures please? Am interested

They are of the instructors, the top 2 are Frey's works, and the bottom 2 are by Skye and Billy.

cheers :p

Here's how the studio looks inside :p

space217-3.jpg

Due to feedback, we've changed the course to cover intermediate level studio photography, seems that there have been alot of basic level courses.

I've also reverted to using my original nick as I find it difficult to keep changing between them to check my PM

please refer to this thread from now on

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1024836#post1024836

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.