basic set up for photoshoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackioie

Sep 8, 2007
Hi people, I have been doing outdoor shoots so didn't really know the set up and wad is best for photoshoots as i'm very interested in picking up those photoshoots offer in the forum.

Anyone can help me? appreciated it!!:D I'm currently using Nikon D80. Do i need a external flash?

Its tough to answer your question when you already said that you have attended
outdoor shoots 'yet you dont know the set up'.
Most (if not all) organized shoots in CS prepare the wardrobe and selection of location.
Some include reflectors and other additional items if they are available.

Your Personal Equipment is up to you, no one can tell you what lens, filter etc to use.
A flash is good to have. It depends on the location as well as what you want to
achieve in your final product.

Hi people, I have been doing outdoor shoots so didn't really know the set up and wad is best for photoshoots as i'm very interested in picking up those photoshoots offer in the forum.

Anyone can help me? appreciated it!!:D I'm currently using Nikon D80. Do i need a external flash?

Basically you need:
1. your camera of course
2. a walk-around lens (17 to 85mm or more).
3. a zoom lens to capture distant object
4. an external flash for fill in light even in day time (build in flash too limited)
5. a steady tripod to avoid motion blur in low light condition
6. UV and/or CPL filter
7. a bag to put all these gears
8. alot of patience and practice

The list could go on....
Have fun

i see.. Thank you so much for the knowledge. but what if there are like lots of photographer shooting at the same time do i have the space to do so much things? let's say 8 photographer..?

i see.. Thank you so much for the knowledge. but what if there are like lots of photographer shooting at the same time do i have the space to do so much things? let's say 8 photographer..?

Those would be more of a stand and take quick snaps. You'd have to get the idea of where to position yourself for a good angle, get the timing right, focus as well as exposure....

So before you actually go for such events, I'd advise you to practise with the camera and get the hang of it first... make sure you are able to get the exposures and compo right....

TS, i borrow thread hor, hopefully helping u at the same time..

i was wondering like got so many photographers for these kind of shoots to 1 model, is the normal practice like turn-by-turn or all snap at once that kind? wat are our rights, in terms of like positioning the model to my liking for example... are we allowed to do so?

i was wondering like got so many photographers for these kind of shoots to 1 model, is the normal practice like turn-by-turn or all snap at once that kind? wat are our rights, in terms of like positioning the model to my liking for example... are we allowed to do so?

This depends on the organiser(s) and how they arrange the time.

This is an interesting point that I recently thought about.
During some of my shoots, I do encounter selfish photographers who refuse to
give you 'space'. They 'hog' the spot. This, to me is a matter of attitude and professionalism.
In my case, I'd rather not cause a racket, unless I really loose my cool.

The best scenario is when you are in a position, take a few frames, and move away for others to get a chance. If everyone does this, it will be a fun day, everybody goes home happy.

hmmm quite excited for my first photoshooting this Sunday... for chantel!!! anyone here going as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.