Basic Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirtyone

Dec 13, 2008
Hey everyone! I've got a few basic questions... (getting a 450D soon)

1. I'm aware that canon camera lenses mount are all EF and EF-S lens mount. However, if i'm not wrong, there are a few other brands of lenses that would fit the 450D?

2. Which lens are of better choice to invest in?

3. How do I check if the lens is of the right fit to the lens mount? (I seriously need to learn how to check myself!)

Hope to find some answers.. sorry if the questions are quite dumb.. (ps, newbie alert)

Thanks guys! :)

1. Tamron and Sigma makes lens for Canon too, which will fit your 450D
2. Depends on what you like to shoot
3. As long as its canon lens it will fit, or else if you buy Sigma or Tamron, buy it with the box that states "Canon Mount"

1. Tamron and Sigma makes lens for Canon too, which will fit your 450D
2. Depends on what you like to shoot
3. As long as its canon lens it will fit, or else if you buy Sigma or Tamron, buy it with the box that states "Canon Mount"

Ok, I get it now.. Thanks for your help anyway!! :)

1. I'm aware that canon camera lenses mount are all EF and EF-S lens mount. However, if i'm not wrong, there are a few other brands of lenses that would fit the 450D?

Apart from the 3rd party ones, the Canon mount is pretty versatile in using adapters for other lenses ( advantage of having a shorter flange to focal plane distance ) - but will be manual focusing

If you read the Canon lenses long enough , you will know which are the better grade ones. Although not necessary what you are looking for. Just get one with a good focal range for your shooting. The kit lenses are a pretty good start for learning.

Ryan

Hey everyone! I've got a few basic questions... (getting a 450D soon)

Thanks guys! :)

What do you intend to shoot most of the time will probably determine what lens you buy. Better choice means $$, this is not a cheap hobby...If you not sure, start of with kit lens, shoot more and then you will find out what you desire most. The more you compare lens vs lens, the more confused you get as a beginner, rent one and try out is the best.

Be happy with your shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.