Basic photography course

Sgysfj

Nov 28, 2011
North
www.flickr.com
Hi all, i hv been searching the forum but im unable to find anyting abt basic photography course.
I m new to photography and has been reading alot from the net. However, i stil have the urge to take up a course to improve both my knowledge n my practical(application).

However i noticed tat not many experts here recommend beginners to attend courses.. They encourage them to practice practice.. So i hope the experts can share their thoughts on attending basic photography course for someone who is new to photography.. Thanks

There are many courses out there and if you do a search on the web, you will probably find them. NSC (Nikon Service Centre) provides some very useful instructions for beginners and I have append them herein for your perusal. They should be a good start for you. Enjoy.
Digital SLR Camera Basics
Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd

Thanks for d prompt reply n links.. Im jus wondering abt the pros n cons of attending courses vs reading up...

what camera are you using?

paid course
pros: more hands on and guidance
cons: $$$

reading up
pros: you only pay for the internet
cons: when you screw up, you don't know what went wrong, come back in here and ask... and get slammed for not googling.

so which brand did you buy? they all have courses lined up

what camera are you using?

paid course
pros: more hands on and guidance
cons: $$$

reading up
pros: you only pay for the internet
cons: when you screw up, you don't know what went wrong, come back in here and ask... and get slammed for not googling.

so which brand did you buy? they all have courses lined up

I bought a panasonic m43.. Panasonic hv course?

Thanks for d prompt reply n links.. Im jus wondering abt the pros n cons of attending courses vs reading up...

This pretty much depend on your learning style and ability but the fundamentals that I have sent you can probably be understood with reading up. Geared yourself up with the basic and should you attend a course, you would be in a better position to ask questions. Going forward, it will be good to have some experienced friends who can give and share tips with you. This forum has numerous experts and I am sure they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. In the end, photography is an art and you are very much your own master.

I bought a panasonic m43.. Panasonic hv course?

They do, but i dun think your camera is eligible for one.

If you dun mind, you can also take photos and post on CS for critics..

Anyone ever attended a basic photography course b4? Im looking the ones posted here...phocus n canon...pls do share ur experience..

Anyone ever attended a basic photography course b4? Im looking the ones posted here...phocus n canon...pls do share ur experience..

Hmm none for me haha, I just read n read n read and then go out shoot and shoot and shoot..

You should not focus on any specific brand. Photography is not about a camera brand but rather about light.
Workshops, Tutorials and Classes
A fried of mine attended the basic course from Objectifs - Centre for Photography and Filmmaking and was very happy. The basic requirements for attending are: a camera that can be switched to manual mode, that's all. After all the sessions they had a small exhibition of they pictures.

You may want to check this out The Photographic Society of Singapore

Although I am a member there, I have not attended any of the courses; more a DIY shelf taught person who like to explore own time own target! However, my wife has attended and I have learnt a lot sitting in it's free (for member) weekly classroom critique sessions.

I attend canon basic photography course and paid $250. To me its worth it to go and I do learn a lot from it. If you do not wish to attend, you may join any outing here. There's a lot of type of photography courses.

I attend canon basic photography course and paid $250. To me its worth it to go and I do learn a lot from it. If you do not wish to attend, you may join any outing here. There's a lot of type of photography courses.

$250?!?!!?? What a RIP OFF!!!

Thanks for all the replies!!! very friendly people ard here....i am seriously considering signing up for either the Phocus basic or the canon basic....looked tru the course itenary and was kinda impressed. Jus to share, both course fees are are abt S$280 for a 6 day course. Would prob sign up for the jan sessions

I am going to register for this one,

[Being a noob with a bit of experience, I am thinking either going for the intermediate course or basic course.

hi, can check how much is the courses fees/no of lessons for the basic course? anyways i hv read some of ur postings....u cannot be considered a noob....a noob is me! lol

hi,

Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you mind sharing if its reali beneficial for you? Can rili take beta photos after attending the course? Im deciding btw the canon and another one.......

btw i have actuali joined an shoot outing. personally i didnt learn anyting and i only make friends.