Basic Photography Course for beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwsy26

Mar 13, 2008
Hi,

I'm really a newbie to DSLR. I'm keen to sign up for the basic photography course but
I'm caught in between Canon Digital Lab Vs Knowledge Bowl.

Can anyone share your experiences after attending classes offered by them?

Hi,

I'm really a newbie to DSLR. I'm keen to sign up for the basic photography course but
I'm caught in between Canon Digital Lab Vs Knowledge Bowl.

Can anyone share your experiences after attending classes offered by them?
if you just bought a Canon camera, you are entitle to free camera lesson from Canon so check it out first.

I do believe Canon's course also is a marketing move, while knowledge bowl does more actual teaching. Just what I've heard.

the one by canon digital lab (if you bought their cam) covers all the fundamentals: ISO/Aperture/Shutter and some equipment intro. Helps to kickstart your learning. Personally i read up on those before i attended the workshop so it was more of a revision as well as some sharing on the EOS system. It consists of a theory session and an optional separate EOS outing to go out and practise.

their marketing basic photography course is EOS academy that is organised for organisations and for people who do not even own/started learning DSLR so its much more basic. If you bought their DSLR and attend the workshop that bro flashbulb mention, its slightly more specific.

Not too sure about Knowledge Bowl, but if you can, try attending both! But if it comes with a price tag just go for the free one and learn from CS and other photog sites! =D

Thks for all the advice. I have been to the Canon FOC training when I bought my DSLR.
The FOC training is more into product training and some fundamentals. Not so much into photography.

Frankly, not so much price diff between both. Canon offers $200 for 6 lessons with
2 field trips while Knowledge bowl offers $250 for 10 lessons with 2 field trips and stretches lessons for 10 weeks....

Thks for all the advice. I have been to the Canon FOC training when I bought my DSLR.
The FOC training is more into product training and some fundamentals. Not so much into photography.

Frankly, not so much price diff between both. Canon offers $200 for 6 lessons with
2 field trips while Knowledge bowl offers $250 for 10 lessons with 2 field trips and stretches lessons for 10 weeks....
So you are looking for course which doesnt teach how to use camera but rather how to play with the camera to give the results you want.

what you can do is call both or any that you like and ask on the credentials of the trainer as well as further info on the course and exactly what it covers.

Wat do you wish to learn?

Practical application of what you can find from libraries, magazines or even the internet may be even better.

I learnt mainly thru trial and error.

you can try Photographers Society of Singapore..Go to pss1950.org.sg

Er i attended Canon Complementary class, it was a good class..if they have open earlier for the Basic DSLR, i would have registered...

I heard from my friends that has attended Knowledge bowl, comment was also good, just a bit more expensive..

:thumbsup:

you've to join as PSS member to enjoy member rate for their courses. If you don't intend to join as member, both PSS and knowledgebowl charges about the same.

Had been trying to trial & error but doesn't seem to get it right...:(. I have tried to read up but oso don't quite understand.....so hopefully I can gain more insights thru lessons....maybe i'm not smart enough to learn by myself:embrass:

Had been trying to trial & error but doesn't seem to get it right...:(. I have tried to read up but oso don't quite understand.....so hopefully I can gain more insights thru lessons....maybe i'm not smart enough to learn by myself:embrass:

Join a group?

definitely cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.