Basic Photography Course - Dec 12 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLRBEAR

Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Hello folks! In view of the overwhelming response of the previous Basic Photograhy Course at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, i've decided to start another class right after the completion of the current intake.

I started out on the wrong foot 15yrs ago, thinking that i'd done it all with self-taught photography skills. However, upon receiving professional instruction further down the road, i realized that i was doing many things wrongly. As a result, i now what it feels like to be on the "dark side" and literally in the dark about many things regarding photography. I am currently a full-time professional photographer, with experience in wedding photography, commercial shoots and makeover photography. The course will include the following, but is not limited to:

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
3)What lenses do to your pictures
4)Composition & the acceptable picture
5)Maintenance

This is a rough outline of the course. S$200 for 4 lessons, all to be held outdoors for a total of approx 20hrs. We'll do day and/or night shoots on Sundays. Make up lessons/remedial lessons will be provided if you miss any/anything. We live, we learn, we share, and make our dreams come true. Lessons may stretch beyond 5hrs per session, so pls be prepared to stay outdoors for long periods. Digital/Film cameras are welcome, and MUST allow full manual control. If you have any difficulties on the equipment, please speak to me.

On a final note, i encourage all beginners to take part in this course. You bugger up your foundation, and you'll be headed nowhere with little or no direction. Build up a solid base, and we'll go from there!

Course Syllabus
1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
- What kind of cameras we have out there
- What they're used for
- Fundamental SLR parts & their operation
- What sort of SLR do you need?
- Basic features your SLR should have & why

2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
- Shutter speed
- Aperture
- Film
- How to manipulate these three basic factors of exposure to create your photograph
- Lighting conditions and what how you can harness the power of natural light

3)What lenses do to your pictures
- Types of lenses available
- Effects of Wide-angle lenses
- Zoom lenses and what they do for you
- Perspective & View Angle

4)Composition & the acceptable picture
- Rule of Thirds & breaking the rules of photography
- Subject focus
- Framing etc

5)Maintenance
- What you need to maintain your equipment
- What you can do to ensure that your equipment doesn't fail sooner than it should

If anyone needs more information, pls do not hesitate to contact me via PM

Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's endorsement.

1) TY
2)
3)
4)

Limited to 4 slots for this intake. I will be organizing a weekday class once this is is full.

Can you give the exact dates which the class is going to be held? :dunno:

Nisa said:
Can you give the exact dates which the class is going to be held? :dunno:

According to the title of the thread .... it seems to be held at 12 Dec 2004 :D

i know when it starts. I just need to know if the days of the class is one after the other, or is it just Every sunday, cause i am taking a trip out of Spore around the 3rd week of dec. :rolleyes:

Nisa said:
i know when it starts. I just need to know if the days of the class is one after the other, or is it just Every sunday, cause i am taking a trip out of Spore around the 3rd week of dec. :rolleyes:

Aiyah .... the dates are pretty flexible :D .... if you cannot make it on 1 lesson, you can go on another day for the same lesson again. It is not like some school where you miss the lesson, just too bad type :D

blurblock said:
Aiyah .... the dates are pretty flexible :D .... if you cannot make it on 1 lesson, you can go on another day for the same lesson again. It is not like some school where you miss the lesson, just too bad type :D

oh! then i can purposely take one day and miss the rest?

Nisa said:

Well, I suppose so, but you will have to work it out with Plrbear on your schedule and decide which days will be the best for both of you :D

But just out of curiousity .... what camera are you using?

Classes will be held on Dec 12, 19, 26 and Jan 2, 2005.
If you miss any of the classes, i can make it up to you at another time. For example, i've got an air stewardess in my current intake who can't make it this Sunday 'cause she's flying off. So, we've arranged for another day during the week after as a make up lesson. That way, she's in sync with the rest for the following lesson.

Nisa said:

Nisa, just out of curiousity, is there a reason why you'd have to take one day and miss the rest?
Don't worry about it. Worst case scenario, i can always put you in the following intake as well to continue if anything happens along the way. :)
Otherwise, i am pretty ok with rescheduling your lesson if you let me know in advance. Taking MC is also acceptable :bsmilie:

1) TY
2) Ivan
3) Sean
4)

Limited to 4 slots for this intake. I will be organizing a weekday class once this is is full. One more slot to go!

I'm starting the intake on Dec 12 as mentioned. Here's the timing. Any of these can be rescheduled if necessary.

Dec 12 10am-12pm
Dec 19 10am-3pm
Dec 26 5pm-10pm
Jan 2, 2005 TBC

PLRBEAR said:
Nisa, just out of curiousity, is there a reason why you'd have to take one day and miss the rest?
Don't worry about it. Worst case scenario, i can always put you in the following intake as well to continue if anything happens along the way. :)
Otherwise, i am pretty ok with rescheduling your lesson if you let me know in advance. Taking MC is also acceptable :bsmilie:

I just want to know certain things and certain things i don't want to know?
Cause i did take basic classes before:sweat:, and i don't really want to go thru the whole thing again. :blah:

PLRBEAR said:
Yup! There will be an intake for Jan 2005. Will most probably be around that time as well.

i'll wait till then coz dec is tied with the holidays. ;p

Hi Plrbear,
I would like to join the Dec course. Not too sure what will be the coordination but My contact number is 97473433.

Spencer

1) TY
2) Ivan
3) Sean
4) HHHo
I would like to take part.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.