Basic Photography Course #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLRBEAR

Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Hello folks! In view of the overwhelming response of the previous Basic Photograhy Course at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, i've decided to start another class right after the completion of the current intake.

I started out on the wrong foot 15yrs ago, thinking that i'd done it all with self-taught photography skills. However, upon receiving professional instruction further down the road, i realized that i was doing many things wrongly. As a result, i now what it feels like to be on the "dark side" and literally in the dark about many things regarding photography. I am currently a full-time professional photographer, with experience in wedding photography, commercial shoots and makeover photography. The course will include the following, but is not limited to:

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
3)What lenses do to your pictures
4)Composition & the acceptable picture
5)Maintenance

This is a rough outline of the course. S$200 for 5 lessons (2 theory,3 outdoor practicals). We'll do day and/or night shoots on Sundays. Make up lessons/remedial lessons will be provided if you miss any/anything. We live, we learn, we share, and make our dreams come true. Lessons may be longer than 2hrs. Digital/Film cameras are welcome, and MUST allow full manual control. If you have any difficulties on the equipment, please speak to me.

Set for 18th Nov, 2004, to be held at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, 122 Middle Road, Midlink Plaza, #02-03.

Pls feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Deposit of $50 one week prior and full payment on the first lesson is preferred.

Lesson schedule is tentatively set as:

BPC3 Theory#1 - 18 Nov, 2004 8pm-10pm
BPC3 Practical#1 - 21 Nov, 2004 4pm-6pm
BPC3 Theory #2 - 28 Nov, 2004 5pm-6pm
BPC3 Practical #2 - 28 Nov, 2004 6-9pm
BPC3 Practical #3 - 5 Dec, 2004 (To Be Confirmed)

On a final note, i encourage all beginners to take part in this course. You bugger up your foundation, and you'll be headed nowhere with little or no direction. Build up a solid base, and we'll go from there!

Course Syllabus
- What kind of cameras we have out there
- What they're used for
- Fundamental SLR parts & their operation
- What sort of SLR do you need?
- Basic features your SLR should have & why

- Shutter speed
- Aperture
- Film
- How to manipulate these three basic factors of exposure to create your photograph
- Lighting conditions and what how you can harness the power of natural light

- Types of lenses available
- Effects of Wide-angle lenses
- Zoom lenses and what they do for you
- Perspective & View Angle

- Rule of Thirds & breaking the rules of photography
- Subject focus
- Framing etc

5)Maintenance
- What you need to maintain your equipment
- What you can do to ensure that your equipment doesn't fail sooner than it should

If anyone needs more information, pls do not hesitate to contact me via PM

PLRBEAR said:
Hello folks! In view of the overwhelming response of the previous Basic Photograhy Course at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, i've decided to start another class right after the completion of the current intake.

I started out on the wrong foot 15yrs ago, thinking that i'd done it all with self-taught photography skills. However, upon receiving professional instruction further down the road, i realized that i was doing many things wrongly. As a result, i now what it feels like to be on the "dark side" and literally in the dark about many things regarding photography. I am currently a full-time professional photographer, with experience in wedding photography, commercial shoots and makeover photography. The course will include the following, but is not limited to:

5)Maintenance

This is a rough outline of the course. S$200 for 5 lessons (2 theory,3 outdoor practicals). We'll do day and/or night shoots on Sundays. Make up lessons/remedial lessons will be provided if you miss any/anything. We live, we learn, we share, and make our dreams come true. Lessons may be longer than 2hrs. Digital/Film cameras are welcome, and MUST allow full manual control. If you have any difficulties on the equipment, please speak to me.

Set for 18th Nov, 2004, to be held at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, 122 Middle Road, Midlink Plaza, #02-03.

Pls feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Deposit of $50 one week prior and full payment on the first lesson is preferred.

Lesson schedule is tentatively set as:

BPC3 Theory#1 - 18 Nov, 2004 8pm-10pm
BPC3 Practical#1 - 21 Nov, 2004 4pm-6pm
BPC3 Theory #2 - 28 Nov, 2004 5pm-6pm
BPC3 Practical #2 - 28 Nov, 2004 6-9pm
BPC3 Practical #3 - 5 Dec, 2004 (To Be Confirmed)

On a final note, i encourage all beginners to take part in this course. You bugger up your foundation, and you'll be headed nowhere with little or no direction. Build up a solid base, and we'll go from there!

Course Syllabus
- What kind of cameras we have out there
- What they're used for
- Fundamental SLR parts & their operation
- What sort of SLR do you need?
- Basic features your SLR should have & why

- Shutter speed
- Aperture
- Film
- How to manipulate these three basic factors of exposure to create your photograph
- Lighting conditions and what how you can harness the power of natural light

- Types of lenses available
- Effects of Wide-angle lenses
- Zoom lenses and what they do for you
- Perspective & View Angle

- Rule of Thirds & breaking the rules of photography
- Subject focus
- Framing etc

5)Maintenance
- What you need to maintain your equipment
- What you can do to ensure that your equipment doesn't fail sooner than it should

If anyone needs more information, pls do not hesitate to contact me via PM

No body can build Roma in one day, so as photography. You can't learn photography by only one day or one lesson. You will not improve even you have a lot of shooting but without a proper review. We make sure our instructors will review for all the students one by one, so that all students will know all the common mistakes that newbie will make. You learn from your own mistake as well as others mistake. We will not take more than 8 students, cos some people are very shy, they dare not to ask when they have any questions, and also is better for our instructor to take care every of our students. We are glad that so far all of all students had really show their improvement, although they had completed their course, but they still come back very often for photos review. We always welcome all our students come back to our studio, to talk about photography, or talk anythings beside photography just to release their stress, or even come down for coffee.

Come down to our studio at 122, Middle Road #02-03 Midlink Plaza S'pore 188973 or call Joanne at 98583502 to understand more about this course. You will find yourself different before and after attented this course. So hurry! Don't hesitate.This is the place where you can gain the knowledge of photography and also the place to make more friends. Don't miss this opportunity now.

Exactly. I intend to build strong and long-lasting relationships with my students, so that i can guide them along during their journey. Don't be shy fellas, we're all human and we make mistakes. I've met some who don't dare to come and talk to us because they feel that they're inadequate in terms of photography skills. Please come see us or send me a PM. We'll get you out of that shell. :thumbsup:

Calling Newbies :D ..... go to learn the basics and give yourself a very enjoyable Christmas with a bunch of fond memories on paper to go along with it :D ......

Get the Basics right and you are on the road to be an accomplished photographer :D

Hurry folks. This course is getting hotter with every intake. Many can't make it due to time constraints, so those who can should take this golden opportunity. Again, i will try to keep classes as small as possible.

1)Reserved
2)Reserved
3)
4)
5)

For those interested in taking a look at what we do for the BPC, i'll be glad to show you the work done by my students.
Feel free to PM if you have any further questions about the BPC.

Fix an appointment with PLRBEAR and have a chat with him. I'm sure you will find him very sociable and learn a lot of things from him. :)

Current feedback that i get from interested participants for my BPC is that a lot of them cannot make it due to family committments. I realize that this is the year end period, a most of you are going out of town. However, i encourage you to sign up for the course regardless, since i have no issues with coaching you folks one by one at a more convenient time. :)

Please do not hesitate to contact me because of such obstacles, since i'm always open to being flexible in my timing to fit yours. :thumbsup:

terrenyeo said:
when is the next course after this one as i cannot make it to this course? you gt any course at mid dec?[/QUOTE

Why not PM Plrbear? He will sure to work out something for me, and I am sure you definitely to learn a lot from him.

terrenyeo said:
when is the next course after this one as i cannot make it to this course? you gt any course at mid dec?

Hi terrenyeo,

I noticed you inquire our other courses as well. Maybe you can come down to our studio after you come back from overseas. We prefer to see you in person as we will give you a basic photography test skills on the spot.

Although we accept newbies and beginners but we will still run through with each and every individual before we accept you all as our students. This is because we want all the participants to learn and absorb as much as possible within a short period of time.

Learning photography will take a little while to learn. Maybe you can start with Beginner's course with PLRBEAR and from there on you can proceed with Pro Image's Makeover course and then only go on with Toto38's Actual Wedding Day photography. What do you think?

As stated in my last few post that I will only be able to start my next intake after Chinese New Year. Thanks for the inquiry.

Have a nice day.

Ok folks. I'm starting to take in people for the next intake. Current intake is now full. Pls contact me regarding working out a schedule for you.

Fantastic response this time round! I have 2 classes running now, one of which will begin Dec 12th. These two intakes will be having their night shoots along Orchard Rd for the Christmas lighting among other exciting features as usual. So come on! Don't hold back now dudes. Let's get this done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.