Basic Photography Course #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLRBEAR

Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Hello folks! In view of the overwhelming response of the first and second BPC at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, i've decided to start another class right after the completion of the current intake.

I started out on the wrong foot 15yrs ago, thinking that i'd done it all with self-taught photography skills. However, upon receiving professional instruction further down the road, i realized that i was doing many things wrongly. As a result, i now what it feels like to be on the "dark side" and literally in the dark about many things regarding photography. I am currently a full-time professional photographer, with experience in wedding photography, commercial shoots and makeover photography. The course will include the following, but is not limited to:

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
3)What lenses do to your pictures
4)Composition & the acceptable picture
5)Maintenance

This is a rough outline of the course. S$200 for 5 lessons (2 theory,3 outdoor practicals). We'll do day and/or night shoots on Sundays. Make up lessons/remedial lessons will be provided if you miss any/anything. We live, we learn, we share, and make our dreams come true on Thursday theory sessions. 8pm-10pm. Lessons may be longer than 2hrs. Digital/Film cameras are welcome, and MUST allow full manual control. If you have any difficulties on the equipment, please speak to me.

Set for 28th Oct, 2004, to be held at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, 122 Middle Road, Midlink Plaza, #02-03.

Pls feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Deposit of $50 one week prior and full payment on the first lesson is preferred.

Lesson schedule is tentatively set as:

BPC3 Theory#1 - 28 Oct, 2004 8pm-10pm
BPC3 Practical#1 - 31 Oct, 2004 4pm-6pm
BPC3 Theory #2 - 07 Nov, 2004 4pm-6pm
BPC3 Practical #2 - 07 Nov, 2004 6-8pm
BPC3 Practical #3 - 13 Nov, 2004 630am - 9am *Not a typo

On a final note, i encourage all beginners to take part in this course. You bugger up your foundation, and you'll be headed nowhere with little or no direction. Build up a solid base, and we'll go from there!

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
- What kind of cameras we have out there
- What they're used for
- Fundamental SLR parts & their operation
- What sort of SLR do you need?
- Basic features your SLR should have & why

2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
- Shutter speed
- Aperture
- Film
- How to manipulate these three basic factors of exposure to create your photograph
- Lighting conditions and what how you can harness the power of natural light

3)What lenses do to your pictures
- Types of lenses available
- Effects of Wide-angle lenses
- Zoom lenses and what they do for you
- Perspective & View Angle

4)Composition & the acceptable picture
- Rule of Thirds & breaking the rules of photography
- Subject focus
- Framing etc

5)Maintenance
- What you need to maintain your equipment
- What you can do to ensure that your equipment doesn't fail sooner than it should

If anyone needs more information, pls do not hesitate to contact me via PM.

I hands up!!!!

sorry, slight OT...does SLCC conduct Photoshop courses?

how come no nicks...just "confirmed" & "reserved"?? :D

Some people doesn't want their nick to be made known, some people are not even clubsnap member, some people are just naturally shy, some people ...... etc etc :D

Update again!

1)Confirmed
2)Confirmed
3)Reserved
4)Reserved
5)Reserved
6)Reserved

How many slots needed?

ssoulm said:
How many slots needed?

I don't put a limit on the number of slots really. If people can make it for this intake, then i'll take them in. If not, then it's on to the next one.

I'd hate to turn away those that are eager to learn.

If you're interested in this course, do pay us a visit at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, located at 122 Middle Rd, #02-03, Midlink Plaza, by appointment preferably, since we could be out on assignment.

Dear everyone,

I currently have 4 confirmed students for my BPC #3, and will close this intake once the other three have confirmed their participation with me.

I have decided to take in people on a first-come-first-served basis at this time, and will limit it to 7 slots. The confirmed students of BPC#3 have expressed interest in keeping the class small, since they will receive my full attention.

So, for those that have requested that i reserve a space for them, please confirm your attendance as soon as possible. The three remaining slots are fair game at this point in time. Thank you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1)Confirmed
2)Confirmed
3)Confirmed
4)Confirmed
5)Reserved
6)Reserved
7)Reserved

P.S Zorro18, are you in or out? ;)

PLRBEAR said:
Dear everyone,

I currently have 4 confirmed students for my BPC #3, and will close this intake once the other three have confirmed their participation with me.

I have decided to take in people on a first-come-first-served basis at this time, and will limit it to 7 slots. The confirmed students of BPC#3 have expressed interest in keeping the class small, since they will receive my full attention.

So, for those that have requested that i reserve a space for them, please confirm your attendance as soon as possible. The three remaining slots are fair game at this point in time. Thank you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1)Confirmed
2)Confirmed
3)Confirmed
4)Confirmed
5)Reserved
6)Reserved
7)Reserved

P.S Zorro18, are you in or out? ;)

Yes, this is the course for those who love photography. This course have three practical for you to enjoy the fun and joy of the shooting. We always believe practise make perfect, so we don't mind to go for more shooting.
So if you miss the previous intake, don't miss now!
You will see the different before and after this basic course. Go! Go! Go!

sorry....for the late response.....
double damn...schedule conflict again....
I will take the course in Nov if there is a #4..... :embrass:

zorro18 said:
sorry....for the late response.....
double damn...schedule conflict again....
I will take the course in Nov if there is a #4..... :embrass:

hi zorro,

Let us know your schedule and we will try to accomodate your timing. Please PM PLRBEAR so he can sort out your timing.

The longer you wait, the more you will miss out on opportunity to shoot!

Hehe.......!

Thanks!

PLRBEAR said:
I don't put a limit on the number of slots really. If people can make it for this intake, then i'll take them in. If not, then it's on to the next one.

I'd hate to turn away those that are eager to learn.

If you're interested in this course, do pay us a visit at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, located at 122 Middle Rd, #02-03, Midlink Plaza, by appointment preferably, since we could be out on assignment.

Hi PLBEAR

Am keen but can't fit into this schedule.

When is your next intake likely to be?

Thanks.

1)Confirmed
2)Confirmed
3)Confirmed
4)Confirmed
5)Confirmed
6)Confirmed
7)Confirmed

Thank you for your interest in Basic Photography. Intake #3 is now closed. Intake #4 will begin in a month, and is tentatively set for Nov 18, 2004. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.