Basic Photography Course #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLRBEAR

Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Hello folks! In view of the overwhelming response of the first BPC at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, i've decided to start another class right after the completion of the current intake.

I started out on the wrong foot 15yrs ago, thinking that i'd done it all with self-taught photography skills. However, upon receiving professional instruction further down the road, i realized that i was doing many things wrongly. As a result, i now what it feels like to be on the "dark side" and literally in the dark about many things regarding photography. I am currently a full-time professional photographer, with experience in wedding photography, commercial shoots and makeover photography. The course will include the following, but is not limited to:

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
3)What lenses do to your pictures
4)Composition & the acceptable picture
5)Maintenance

This is a rough outline of the course. S$200 for 5 lessons (2 theory,3 outdooe practicals). We'll do day and/or night shoots on Sundays. Make up lessons/remedial lessons will be provided if you miss any/anything. We live, we learn, we share, and make our dreams come true on Thursday theory sessions. 7pm-9pm. Lessons may be longer than 2hrs. Digital/Film cameras are welcome, and MUST allow full manual control. If you have any difficulties on the equipment, please speak to me.

Set for 16th Sept, 2004, to be held at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, 122 Middle Road, Midlink Plaza, #02-03.

Pls feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Deposit of $50 one week prior and full payment on the first lesson is preferred. :thumbsup:

Lesson schedule is tentatively set as:

BPC2 Theory#1 - 16 Sept, 2004 7pm-9pm
BPC2 Practical#1 - 19 Sept, 2004 4pm-6pm
BPC2 Theory #2 - 23 Sept, 2004 7pm-9pm
BPC2 Practical #2 - 26 Sept, 2004 6-8pm
BPC2 Practical #3 - 3 Oct, 2004 7am - 9am *Not a typo :bsmilie:

On a final note, i encourage all beginners to take part in this course. You bugger up your foundation, and you'll be headed nowhere with little or no direction. Build up a solid base, and we'll go from there! :) :thumbsup:

So let's start the ball rolling........

Who's first?

Name List : Your actual nicks will not be shown here. Please PM PLRBEAR to let him know if you are interested not me......hehe :D

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Received three enquiries so far. I know that there are many of you out there who have enquired about this course before, so there is definetly strong interest or need out there. If you need to know even more details, pls do not hesitate to PM me or call up Stanley Lim Colour Centre @ 9858-3502. :thumbsup:

1)Stan
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Got the first student for the second intake already fellas :) . Will start the course regardless of how many students we have. :thumbsup:

Thought you folks might like to know the syllabus in detail:

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
- What kind of cameras we have out there
- What they're used for
- Fundamental SLR parts & their operation
- What sort of SLR do you need?
- Basic features your SLR should have & why

2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
- Shutter speed
- Aperture
- Film
- How to manipulate these three basic factors of exposure to create your photograph
- Lighting conditions and what how you can harness the power of natural light

3)What lenses do to your pictures
- Types of lenses available
- Effects of Wide-angle lenses
- Zoom lenses and what they do for you
- Perspective & View Angle

4)Composition & the acceptable picture
- Rule of Thirds & breaking the rules of photography
- Subject focus
- Framing etc

5)Maintenance
- What you need to maintain your equipment
- What you can do to ensure that your equipment doesn't fail sooner than it should

If anyone needs more information, pls do not hesitate to contact me via PM.

Hi all, juz posting in support for my good pal PLRBEAR, for those interested in the course please do not hesitiate to call him up and enquire about the Basic course.. As you can see, he has posted the details of the course and basically it covers all the basics that one needs to know!!! Its important for one to have a good foundation in Photography in order to pursue it further..SLCC has already produced a few professional photographers from the courses they have taken here... Or you can come down to Stanley Lim Colour Centre to look for him or Stanley and have a chat!!

Cheers :bsmilie:

Thanks Anavrin!
Pls rest assured that i won't let anyone go without passing my standards for basic photography as well. If i feel that you can't make the mark, then i'll work with you at no extra cost! Giving you half past 6 instruction is not only going to hurt you, but me as well in the long run. I strive to prepare our students for future endeavours in photography, because i know everyone will be interested in learning about other aspects of it.

As it is, i pay very close attention to my students and review their work after each shoot. I don't spoon feed anyone, and allow you to make mistakes, for it is only through mistakes that you'll learn best. If you feel that you want to gain the most comprehensive experience in basic photography to prepare you for future courses, this course is it. :thumbsup:

1)Stan
2)Reserved
3)Reserved
4)Reserved
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

upzz...for u

Go find PLRBEAR @ Stanley Lim Colour Center... he's the big mean guy with claws that will eat u up :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

No LAH !! he's a friendly and helpful guy who is more then willingly to pass his knowledge to beginners and people who r interested in photography. So those who are still shooting without knowing how does the AV TV and ISO can affect ur pictures go find the PAPA BEAR ;p .... opps PLRBEAR and he will teach u more than that. SO join his BASIC Photography.

JOIN JOIN JOIN

Yes! He will try his very best to make sure you can take a good picture after the course. We have came across that some ppl came to join our course but they don't known what is the basic photography knowledge, some they had attended or completed the basic photography course somehere. I don't mean that we are the best but we will make sure that those who learn from SLCC will sure can be solely responsible on the photography. We want our students can just take the camera to shoot with confidence. We not only allow you to make mistake but we want you to make mistake cos you will only understand why when you make mistake and you will bare in mind.
We hope to see you ppl to go futher but before you start you must get the right place and the right instructor, we will make sure our instructor will do the best that he can.

SO HURRY!! LET LEARN AND ENJOY THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORLD TOGETHER!!!

Hello folks! Just completed the night shoot with my students, and all of them were very reluctant to go home. Everyone had tons of fun trying out things they've never done before with their cameras. Special effects galore!

I hope to see more people attending the course, because we'll get to do A LOT OF STUFF! Eating cheesecake being one! :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Upzzz for PLRBEAR who is dedicating most of his time towards his up and coming course.

Learning your foundation skills is always an important aspect in many forms of learning. Be it Primary, Secondary, Uni or taking some other courses. Once you establish your foundation, it will be easier to handle a camera function more efficiently, getting the right compositions, getting spot on exposures without viewing the LCDs screens and many more.

15 years ago, I took a long road to learn photography. I thought having a camera and go out to shoot by yourself, you will learn by making mistakes. I spend plenty of money processing negs and trans as there was no digital cam for me to used. Then I went to look out for basic courses as I was really interested to learn photography.

Now that technology has advances, making our learning process easier but there is always one thing that will never escape in photography. The Basics! Until to today, I still used some of my basic skills which I learn 15 years ago with a working photographer. And that has help me a lot.

All of us know about Compositions, Exposures, Apertures, Shutter speeds, White Balance and other functions in a camera. Just want to ask some of you who owns a camera(be it SLR/DSLR/Pro Consumer), is how well you actually know the functions and make full use of it in different situation?

It is good to see some CS members attending courses/workshops/gathering with one another and learn more about the world of photography. As most of you know that I conduct courses as well. I maybe parting some of my knowledge and skills to you all but I still learn something from all of you.

While attending courses, we are in a process of making new friends as well. It's like killing 2-3 birds with one stone - learning basic skills, gaining new knowledge and making new friends!

At the end of the day of course it's up to you all to choose which course will benefit your $$$$ worth. If you are not too sure or shy to ask, just PM PLRBEAR, me(Pro Image) or come down to our studio and ask any questions regarding our course structure. The best is to call us first before coming down to our studio as sometimes we are not in(location shooting!) or we maybe too busy conducting a class to explain to you all.

Contact Joanne - 98583502 for appointment. Thanks!

Well! Is true! Even to day, i still apply bassic photography to shoot, to take, to help and to earn some income! No matter you are using DSLR,SLR OR MF------.
pro Image had said it all !!! And it's never end -------------in photography!!!!

UP FOR YOU PLRBEAR!!! VERY GOOD INSTRUCTOR!!!

Dear all,

Due to some last minute emergencies, i can only start my Basic Photography Course on the 27th September, 2004. As such, here's the latest and finalized course schedule:

Mon 27th Sept - Theory #1 (8-10pm)
Sunday 3rd Oct - Practical #1 (4-6pm)
Sunday 10th Oct - Theory #2, Practical #2 (4-9pm)
Sunday 17th Oct - Practical #3 (645-9am)

Once again, classes may go beyond the above timing. Once we get started, you won't want to go home! :bsmilie:
If anyone has any questions, pls PM me.

Thank you.

Toto38 said:
Yes! He will try his very best to make sure you can take a good picture after the course. We have came across that some ppl came to join our course but they don't known what is the basic photography knowledge, some they had attended or completed the basic photography course somehere. I don't mean that we are the best but we will make sure that those who learn from SLCC will sure can be solely responsible on the photography. We want our students can just take the camera to shoot with confidence. We not only allow you to make mistake but we want you to make mistake cos you will only understand why when you make mistake and you will bare in mind.
We hope to see you ppl to go futher but before you start you must get the right place and the right instructor, we will make sure our instructor will do the best that he can.

SO HURRY!! LET LEARN AND ENJOY THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORLD TOGETHER!!!

I want to learn shooting... When new course???

Toto38 said:
Well! Is true! Even to day, i still apply bassic photography to shoot, to take, to help and to earn some income! No matter you are using DSLR,SLR OR MF------.
pro Image had said it all !!! And it's never end -------------in photography!!!!

UP FOR YOU PLRBEAR!!! VERY GOOD INSTRUCTOR!!!

Your ko yio very good sell... I come learn. OK??

jamestan said:
I want to learn shooting... When new course???

Hello jamestan!

New course schedule is as above. Please do not hesitate to PM me if you need more details. Thanks! :)

Hi all!! I am here to give my full support for my good mentor. Same as those who are new in photography, i am having a hard time to learn what to do to enhance my pix but with the help of this good mentor i learn a lot. Not only that, he is approachable w/c is good thing about him.
Folks, try Stanley Lim's group... they are all nice people. Cheers!!!!

joycepalermo said:
Hi all!! I am here to give my full support for my good mentor. Same as those who are new in photography, i am having a hard time to learn what to do to enhance my pix but with the help of this good mentor i learn a lot. Not only that, he is approachable w/c is good thing about him.
Folks, try Stanley Lim's group... they are all nice people. Cheers!!!!

Thank you Joyce. It has been a great honour working with you and the rest of the gang. Definetly very touched that you're calling me your Mentor. I don't think i deserve that much credit! :bsmilie:

I hope you have a wonderful time using your new found skills exploring the world of photography. Make sure you take lots of good pictures on your vacation, and let me see them when you get back. While you're at it, take note of whatever i've taught you, and use it well. You've got a D70, but you can now take excellent pictures without looking at the LCD screen now. That's the sort of training i've been giving you, and i expect you to keep it up.
Well done!! :thumbsup:

What if we don't have a DSLR or a SLR camera? I have a Dimage 7. Is it possible to borrow one or is the camera I have sufficient? I don't have any flash either...

Status
Not open for further replies.